MS201T

You'd send me home then.
The T200 balances nicely with a 12" bar.
I have one set up like that for small conifers and stuff like that.
No need to drag iron around a tree that you don't need.
I have another in the truck with a 16" for when that is needed.
Diversity :D

stig your fired!! lol :lol:

get a ms 150, then u dont need 12" on 200t ;)

We'll be going to the big "only held every fourth year" ( What di you call that? I know bi-annually, but what is every 4th year called???) trade show.
I'll certainly look at the T150 then.
And rip Stihl a bleeding a-hole if the have the gall to show off the new MS661, which they pulled back from the market, and which we have been waiting for since.

Every fourth year is a quadrennial.
14" bar is optimal on a 200T. Not 12, not 16. If you need a 16" bar, use a Husky 346
Used a buddy's 201 today that he purchased last February. My four year old 200 has noticeably more power in the cut.

It's an experiment.

Mad_scientist.gif

Irritating protrusion on the handle to the right of the on/off switch on the 201.
Thumb would automatically try (unsuccessfully) to switch off that bump of plastic instead of the switch.

Yes I have 3 of them. The old ones you would do what Reg did to his, crush it. The new ones are great saws- no warm up, good power, no surprises.

How good are the new ones Bee, in your opinion? I guess the real question is, how do they stack up against the incomparable 200T?

In my opinion they are equal while cutting. But there is a large difference in sound. Somehow the 200T sounds more aggressive and quicker. But while cutting I can't see an advantage (power, speed) of the MS 200. It's hard to say because I only have got one right hand.

What is a MS 150T? Is that the toy of Stihl's "Children's-Programm" ?

What is a MS 150T? Is that the toy of Stihl's "Children's-Programm" ?
Almost, when you see it beside the other saws. You can't believe that it can be useful.
Small, light, but very effective for its size. Dead oak doesn't afraid it, even at full bar.

I bought one recently and made two jobs with it, cherry, mapple, dead elms and dead oak's limbs.

I'm very pleased so far, a nice little saw, easily handled, for the small stuff in trimming.
Except it needs full throttle to begin working. It isn't in my habits, so I'll look at Mastermind's advices if it can be improved a bit.
I found that the tiny chain cuts nearly as fast in a slanted cut than in a straight cut, not like the bigger chains, it's wonderful to make the notches.

True Chirs, I will use that 16" bar till past buried and just before double cutting to keep the weight off me. Often a 200T with a 16" bar can take most of our trees down to about 60-70 feet if they are less than 130 feet tall. so almost 1/2 a tree once they get lager than 70 foot tall.

18 will work fine on a 200. You just can't push it as hard and it won't balance as nice. Been there done that.

I havent read the whole thread, but has anyone had the heat shield under the motor that is held by 2 small rivets come loose. I have 2 that have and they dont sell the part. I have to buy a tank assembly. Maybe later I will, but for now I bought 2 more T540xp's. No more 201's for me.

Back