MS201T

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Saw this at arbtalk. 200T replacement. Do we stock up on 200T's, or hope the replacement is better? :what:

55469d1295723309-ms201-horizon-1163532153_h47pq-l.jpg

I think it could be hit or miss honestly. I really like the 361 but I i would take a 440 over the 441. Just in case though we might need to stock up on the 200.

Any idea on a release date?

2 pds. heavier than the T200.
I'm gonna get me a new T200 and put it on a shelf for when my present one is dead.

For the extra pound, I'm gonna stock up. For years the refinement and advancement were all with the goal of lighter weight and more power. Today with the EPA that is no longer the goal. Saws are getting heavier instead of lighter. They are finally going to castrate the 200T so I'm buying a couple extras.

What did they put on it that weighs another pound? I think the older 020T was about 8.4, but I haven't looked at the specs in the better part of a decade. It does show a little more power.

They probably made the gas and oil caps into 7 piece monstrosities instead of the current 4 piece contraptions. :roll:

Pic isn't available yet, hmmm me thinks a 3rd handlebar so there's no excuse to one hand.

They probably fitted it with the same type of stratified scavenge engine that goes on the other new models: 441,361,261 etc.
That is a bit heavier than the conventional 2 stroke.

Nothing wrong with that except that kind of engine only works optimally when it is really warmed up.

A climbing saw is stopped and started constantly, so I don't think the scavenge engine is going to work too well for that.

Were up to the 362 now Stig.
I have a new one on the shelf already, maybe I should look some more

So in order for them to work better, you have to leave them running instead of shutting them off between cuts. Running all the time they will probably burn more fuel, not less. Once again, government interference trying to force a certain agenda creates laws which result in the exact opposite effect. :roll:

And how much do the pollution from chainsaws amount to, compared to cars and trucks.
Or lawnmowers for that matter.

Industrial pollution is millions of times greater than all the small engines in the world combined. It is a complete waste of time and money for them to ever bother with pollution controls on small engines under 100cc. Just the desire for 'more power, less weight' will increase efficiency by default. Forcing draconian measures such as catalytic converters on chainsaws is insanity.

I read somewhere that the chinese are opening a new coal powerplant a week.
A T200's exhaust kinda pales beside that.

We see the same kind of crap here. A couple of years ago the state and counties were forced to stop using Round-up to kill weeds around buildings, parkinglots etc.
But the frigging pigfarmers, who use more than 1000 times as much , are allowed to continue.

As they say every good thing must come to an end. Even if it cuts like a laser the weight alone will put more than a few off. :cry:

1.2 lbs doesn't seem like much but it's a 15% increase in weight for an 8 lb saw.

Anyone who has run a saw in a tree really minds that 15% at the end of the day. I know I do. Maybe all the weight is in the muffler and when modded makes it a monster and a pound lighter.

I haven't seen the thing . It could however be a little bit from perhaps a spring suspension sytem if used ,larger type carb because of the air ram thingy, larger filter etc . Ounce here,oz there , pretty soon you have an rch over a pound .

More than likely though you'll be able to keep the 200's running for a long time yet unless the almighty Stihl stops supplying OEM parts .Then it's anyones guess what happens .

One wonders whether the 200 rear handle will be replaced at the same time...most likely, I suppose.

Damn, that's a nice little ground saw, but a lb. more weight wouldn't be quite so difficult to swallow there than with the top handle...not that I won't bitch mightily when it happens :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I should grab a 200T, or maybe two. That should last me a while, I got a brand new one beginning of last year, and I have my original 4? year old with a brand new carb.

Who knows, maybe the new ones will be the shit.

Back