MS201T

Just use some small screws maybe Jeff?

Glad you responded.
Actually, yeah?,,The guy that takes care of our saws will not do anything that is not by the book. I use the platinum 2 stoke oil that cost a lot. The saws are good but I can not see spending $200 parts and labor for a $2 part. I will have them fixed probably like you said, but I will not buy anymore 201's.
Jeff

I checked 2 of them that are here, one has Stihl chain on it that came with it, and the other I think is 91VXL055G chain from Oregon. The saws run great, same as a 200, just without the nasty snarl we all liked hearing out of our 200s.

Edit: Nope, sorry, that chain # is for the full size saws. If I can find what type it is I will post it:|:

Haha, talk about 'the snarl' I was dueling with my competition today, we were on either side of a small harbour, they are dismantling massive ficus, I was reducing casuarinas. Absolutely no doubt two proper arborists with 200t's, all the other wannabes can't make the snarl we do!

I checked 2 of them that are here, one has Stihl chain on it that came with it, and the other I think is 91VXL055G chain from Oregon. The saws run great, same as a 200, just without the nasty snarl we all liked hearing out of our 200s.

Edit: Nope, sorry, that chain # is for the full size saws. If I can find what type it is I will post it:|:
Thanks, buying one of the new snarl-free ones tomorrow.

The Stihl chain that it comes with seems fine, to me.

I found the other chain model #: 91VXL055G, same as the one above, it is the right #:|:

It's good stuff.

Good luck with the new saw! If it runs right, nothing better than a new saw!!

In my opinion they are equal while cutting. But there is a large difference in sound. Somehow the 200T sounds more aggressive and quicker. But while cutting I can't see an advantage (power, speed) of the MS 200. It's hard to say because I only have got one right hand.

What is a MS 150T? Is that the toy of Stihl's "Children's-Programm" ?

The sound difference between the 200t and the 201t is the muffler . According to my conversation with stihl corporate ,the 200t muffler is made from tin, and the 201t is stainless steel, hence the sound difference.

The sound difference between the 200t and the 201t is the muffler . According to my conversation with stihl corporate ,the 200t muffler is made from tin, and the 201t is stainless steel, hence the sound difference.

The 200T muffler is aluminum.

The 150tc is the new 23cc top handle saw...the smallest top handle Stihl makes.
Great for certain pruning jobs where I HATE hauling a 200 around for 3" cuts and where there is too much for just using the handsaws.

Yes and Yes!!

For me now, anything over a 12inch cut Ill' use 200T if not 150 all the way baby!

Back