Running

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I go to the gym after the kids go to bed or I go right after work and get home in time to tuck 'em in. Ride my bike to work whenever I can, and when the weather is too bad for that I do a quick 3mi run before work. Long slow runs on the weekends when the kiddos take a nap, or I get up before everyone else and get one in.

I'm hoping to do at least 4 tri's this year and a few mud runs in between, most likely a bunch of 5k's too...

lemme now if you coming my way bra, I will need a bit of time to warm up the wife to a house guest. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A first for me. Heard about a tri on a thursday, went online and is was all filled up so I e-mailed them, they let me race on Sunday!

I've got another one on Saturday...woop,woop!

If you really want to motivate yourself, when they shoot the start gun, swipe some gals purse and run for it! lol

Kidding aside, good on ya for trying to lose that belly Greg, more power to ya.

lol, you go. I watched a handful of 9 year old black belts kick air tonight in a demonstration, I thought Hey! I know a tough mudder that would out ninja their little asses in a heartbeat. Yes, I thought of you. Go tree guy.

Jogged with Amy for .5 hour this morning, pushing almost 5 mo old Dahlia in BOB stroller. She ran a 4k last month. 5k coming up in late sept. I'll run it with her. Amy was a secret smoker b4 Dahlia. Hadn't run since jr. high, but turning over a new leaf. A straight elbow has agreed with her, too, for the last year and a half.

Wore lil D out. She's recuperating asleep in my other arm, now. She likes me standing while holding her asleep--the enduro bicep curl.

Thanks for the clarification. There are some weird names for backy here, "Golden bat", "Hope", "Peace", "Hi Lite"..... I'll take a carton of "secrets", seems plausible.

Ahh, I think of the term 'closet smoker' when I hear 'secret smoker'. I've known a few. I've never smoked tobacco, waste of lung imo.

Former closet smoker in the 'barn of shame'.

Now its just the barn of too much stuff and needs a dump run, and for me to get rid of my grinder.

REI garage sale! about 180. (one handing keyboard--dahlia asleep in other arm:D). makes a good gear carrier for hike -camping at the music fest we just went to. surprising how much can be strapped on.

Gotta love REI.
It is usually the first place I stop whenever I go to the States.

There are an REI outlet a few blocks from the North Face outlet in Berkeley on Shattuck.
Tons of deals, returns and sales...

Great place to start for gear shopping if needed and in the area.....

I ran a long race up in Oregon this past weekend. It was a 100k race but there was a small fire on the course so we ended up running 3 miles extra (65 miles total). 11 thousand feet of climbing and 11 thousand feet of downhill. Almost entirely single track trail running through the woods. I'm a back of the packer and it took me just under 19 hours to complete. Next month I am doing a 106 mile race. I run once a week for training. Tree work makes one "strong like bull"!!!!!

My dad crewed for this guy, Kavika in 1994.

He ran from Huntington beach,Ca to NY, NY. in 61 days, 48 miles a day.
Pretty incredible.

Hat's off, Fruit bowl, that's some hard running.
Especially in altitude, good gosh.

Back