Running

Good luck with the taper and the race!!!! I gotta believe doing a tri is a good way to get into "the zone" and being in the zone is life itself, just like being in the zone during an intense tree job.

You lucky bastid!!!

Good stuff on the triathlon. I know it feels good to have prepared for such an event...the process is as important as the goal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks fellas. I've actually never felt so good in my life. I've managed to mix in the swim-bike-run and continue my weight training. I think I'm hooked on the tri thing.

MB hot? 80's during the day, not too bad.

You're an inspiration.

Good job on maintaining the drive to train. Do you train with others?
Ice baths and lots of stretching.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The results are in! I finished under my goal of 1hr 45min with an official time of 1:43:07. 13:15 for the swim, 56:10 for the bike, and 28:46 for the run. I came in 639 out of 1400, not too shabby for a first attempt. I got some weird cramping in my back that totally f-ed with my run but still finished under 30 mins (which was another goal).

Thanks for all the support fellas!

Whos gonna meet me in Virginia for the Tough Mudder in October????

Uh Oh, sounds like you are hooked! Way to go!

I used to do triathalon, waaayyy back when I was a teenager, crap bike, no coach...I could swim though...

Well, since Mcdonalds I've done nothing towards running/walking. I was just to worn out for it.

I did 5 miles power walking today and plan to do the same tomorrow.

Oh hell yea. :drink:

Where's the time for training Greg, With two kids?

I guess I haven't run in almost a year. I might have to get a preppy yuppie running stroller.
Dear God....whitewhine.com

Back