Running

a couple of my Facebook friends have that, it comes up as a random status update when they finish a run, how far they went etc.

Buzz must have it, cause his updates are about running sometimes.

I have three more months to go til my race.
It's the weekend after the Zipfest 2011.

I'm trying to run 3-4 days a week, focusing on hills and percentage exertion.
Trying to hammer and rest, fartlek style.
I feel I lose ability if I don't run for 2-3 days in a row.
Trying to stay more consistent now adays.

Change your shoes every 500 miles or so, avert shin splints and knee aches.
I just bought some Asics gels, great difference in comfort.

I need some new sneakers. I also want to get a gadget for the bike, speedo, odometer etc, I have 2 fancy ones but they are in storage in my inlaws crawlspace, easier to buy a new one. That will make 3, for 2 bikes. :rolleyes:

I'm all about the barefoot running. I have the nike free runners because they are compatible with the chip and my eyes on the merrill ones for the race.

You need to look at Vibram five fingers
img1-large.jpg

vibram-five-finger-shoes.jpg

Slight derail, sorry!

Has anybody tried those for climbing?

We talked about trying them out when we return to the Sequoias, because we had trouble getting any traction on the branches with our regular boots, the bark crumbles and you slide like you're on ice.

I was wondering if those might work better.

Ran a 12k trail run this am in some new Columbia Ravenous trail running shoes, GREAT shoes, they got debut shoe of the year from Trail runner mag last Spring :)

LOVE trail running, the more hills and rugged, the better ;)

no roads for me until next December!

thinking on doing a trail race May 14th , 10-12k it is listed as, the enduro course.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tough Mudder

http://www.clickimagery.com/toughmudder/ this is a slideshow one of the girls put together. 10 miles up and down a ski mountain with 20 obstacles in the way.....and lots of mud. I highly reccommend this to anyone who is into fitness, guaranteed there are events like this around the country.....almost forgot, I wore the douchie looking sunglasses because no one believed I could finish the race with them.

Attachments

• tm2.jpg
    tm2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4
  • tm5.jpg
    tm5.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 4
  • tm4.jpg
    tm4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4
  • tm1.jpg
    tm1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 4
  • tm7.jpg
    tm7.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
  • tm6.jpg
    tm6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4
sounds fun man, I'm doing a whack of trail running, up to 50 miles a week plus or minus a bit, love it :)

That's friggin' awesome mileage Cary. I am struggling to hit 6 miles a week, but yesterday was the first time I managed to run 20 minutes non stop. Slow pace, but I managed to run through the breathless stage, and carry on. One of the things that's helped is wearing a heart rate moniter, that way I can slow down and speed up, but keep my heart rate over 150bpm.

Back