Post Your Favorite Wood Burning Stove!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I'm really loving this!

funktionsschema.jpg

They even have it wrapped in brick, lordy.

159_1.jpg

Blaze King - I swear by that stove. Have burned many different brand name stoves but this one is the best hands down. Blaster that stove you showed looks VERY interesting !!!

inlaws have a great wood stove, lowest level of the house, fan equipped, perfect design.

Pacific Energy is what we have.. Been real happy with it... Heats the house all toasty (1700 sq ft) and is approved for mobile or fabricated houses like ours. Has to have a vent to outside to draw air from by code here.
product_super27.jpg

In New England I had a kit made of a compressor tank that would take 3 foot long wood.... Had a round door front... Kicked butt. I have a couple more outside. I forget the brands. One is green porcelain on CI..

This photo is off the web. The compressor tank had thicker walls so it radiated heat better IMO.

size.640x480

My former partner had the one you posted MB, worked great except that it was way too big for his house, so instead of having a good blaze going, he kinda had to make a little fire in one corner of the stove.

I heat the whole house with this Atmos furnace, which is the best, we've ever had atmos.jpg

And have this little Norwegian Jøtul stove for back-up

Jotul_F_602_Multifuel_Stove_Black_Paint_L.jpg

I like the Bullerjan, when I have to move something like that would be perfect.

This is like mine only it's a bit more shiny looking. I installed it 19 years ago so I could leave it going while I wasn't home and I sure have put some wood through it. http://osburnstoves.com/index.html

Attachments

• 2400_insert_lg02.jpg
    2400_insert_lg02.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 238
Some beautiful stoves you guys have posted. It is pretty amazing how far technology has developed with such a primitive heat source.

We love utilizing the wood that we get as a by-product of our occupation. So much so that we designed our house around wood usage. We wanted a stove that would multi-task. Once again, we looked to the past to find the answers for our current day needs.

We are very happy with this. It fits our simple lifestyle and handles whatever the Montana winters can throw at our 1634 sq ft house. We also have no trouble cooking on it year round. Meals in the summer can be prepared very quickly without making the house uncomfortably warm.

I often comment to my wife in the morning that I feel like I am constantly camping. The faint smell of wood smoke and coffee is very pleasant indeed.

Dave

Attachments

• Kitchen.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 43
Ahh, I love wood stoves.

That self powered fan is very interesting, will have to look into that for the house.

My girlfriends parents are giving me there Vermont Castings 1977 Vigilant stove. It's pretty nice. Not sure weather or not the best place would be the basement, or the middle room. I really like the look of them as a decoration, but I like function too. Maybe two, then we can walk around in thongs.

Vermont-Castings-Vigilant-0213081.jpg

Ahh, I love wood stoves.

That self powered fan is very interesting, will have to look into that for the house.

My girlfriends parents are giving me there Vermont Castings 1977 Vigilant stove. It's pretty nice. Not sure weather or not the best place would be the basement, or the middle room. I really like the look of them as a decoration, but I like function too. Maybe two, then we can walk around in thongs.

Vermont-Castings-Vigilant-0213081.jpg

Bad picture as my daughter would say (lol)

That's a beautiful stove, Dave.
And I sure like your kitchen, too.

Anyone have the Magic Heat?

Magic-Heat-405x664.jpg

I added it to my wood stove this year and I am glad I bought it. It's just a heat exchanger with a fan, but I have burned a lot less wood so far this year.

Anyone have the Magic Heat?

Magic-Heat-405x664.jpg

I added it to my wood stove this year and I am glad I bought it. It's just a heat exchanger with a fan, but I have burned a lot less wood so far this year.

I had one they dont seem to hold up long I think I got three years out of mine when it goes to crap get yourself one of the fans I posted no electricity and only moves with heat.
Awsome cook stove reminds me of my grams only hers isnt so silver.

Have you put one of the heat/fans on yours? I have a Magic Heat I got for nothing I should put on my pipe. I just have a plain Jane cabinet stove - Wonder Wood/Coal. Never tried any coal in it. The grates are about burned out on wood.

Best thing I ever did was install double wall pipe. The block chimney was too big-impossible to keep it hot enough to avoid creosote, and chimney fires are a scary thing. I have had the double wall about 5 years, expensive but worth it. The only trouble I have had was the birds built a nest right on top of the pipe inside the cap. It took me a couple fires to realize something was wrong. I think it cost me $500 and half a day to install.

My home made shop stove has helped to keep me alive for thirty years. Smoke a lot of food in it too. If I hadn't lined the bottom with bricks, no doubt it would have burned out long ago. It's not pretty, but some great parties have been had around the thing. :)

Attachments

• shop0100.JPG
    shop0100.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 36
We built a double-barrel stove for the shop 30 years ago. The bottom is a 55 gallon drum and the top is an old oil forced air furnace. I put a baffle in it so the smoke has to make a few loops. It throws heat pretty well.

I bought a d-b stove at a yard sale last year for $20. About 40 gallon barrels. Haven't found a use for it yet.

This is what we have which is a glass front Lopi .It is really a free standing stove which has been modified for use as an insert and does real well .

Because of the caotic mess of the remodeling project it's not been fired yet but I aim to have it going some time tomorrow .

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM0093.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0093.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 35
Those are cool Jay, I remember we exchanged PM's about it.

I wondered if you ever got around to making one of those? Not fancy, just basic utilitarian. You might recall me mentioning that I used a well tank cut in half for the body of the stove. That way it lasts.

Back