.. Adjusting Hi / Low screws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some saws seem to need more frequent adjustment, some none at all. You don't need a tach to adjust, but having a good one is cool. It's nice to reference a tach sometimes, it helps to teach your ear too. I dig adjusting, finding the sweet spot. I think it's a deep thing that borders on spiritual.

Yes , a mind thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had lots of practice setting carb screws on the old Jonsereds in the 1970s. Their carbs were bolted solid to the cylinders and every 8 hr day the vibs would turn the screws out a little. I had to carry a carb screwdriver in my work pants all the time.
Then in 1980 I bought my first 038 AV and its rubber boot intake maniflod solved that problem.
On most saws warm the saw up for a few minutes, then turn the hi, lo screws in seated but not too tight, back out 1 turn. Start saw rev up ,let idle set idle screw to right rpm [chain doesn't turn and doesn't die] squeeze throttle off idle if bogs turn lo out 1/8- 1/4 turn when accelerates good , hold WOT and adjust Hi till you get that sweet spot. Most saws I run the lo is 1 1/4, hi is 3/4 turn out.
There simple as that.
Willard.

...Told you he had all the answers

Back