OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then there is this 93 394 I have now named Christine. I had to walk away from it one day and go back at it the next morning.

She was just teased with 3/8 8T and 24" full comp buried in the dry ash chunk.

h394x933.jpg h394x93.jpg

Interesting on the side by side comparison, thanks. I've run a few different walkerized saws way way back but never owned one. I've onky had saws modded by EHP and Timberwolf. And to this day I maintain that the TW460 I had was the most amazing saw I've ever owned and I've had half a dozen 46's/460's. He just really nailed that one and it ran full production for years.

I know of Brain and Ed online but never met either and owned saws from Ed.
I know they both build strong work saws. Even some of the race saws were fast. ;)

83cc with 20" :D

Just because I was ordering bars for others, I went ahead and added me in one too.

Oh I ordered one of those 18" GB bars too. Seen in back ground on bench in one pic.

tsubar.jpg tsu.jpg h21g.jpg

More junk to go through. More to come. :tongue:

066 was set up with 24" 404 8T

s066k.jpg s066kk.jpg hom2h36.jpg

My gamble paid off. Wasnt crank seals or worse.

Just impulse line, loose cylinder bolts and tank vent. Now to pick up the little things.

Pulled the 404 with 8T 24" buried in dry ash log pretty good.

Attachments

• s06618.jpg
    s06618.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 46
Opened the rear cage wide open and put a 404 7 on it for todays test and tune session for new owner. The hyway DP muffler set looks pretty nice. Even came with both spark screens, even though the side one is on the outside instead of inside like oem.

He already ran it with stock muffler and 404 8T buried in ash log and put half down.

s066dpp.jpg

Couldnt find the 338 thread. So will just post finding here for you. Since this was a new one on the 338's I have owned.

Husqvarna 338xpt I been working on troubleshooting on my spare time. Rebuilt carb, thinking carb issue and was thinking of ordering a new one. Since no change after rebuild. Checked intake boot it wasnt tore like I thought it would be. So I started thinking seals. So getting ready to pull motor, removed flywheel to get started. What a find. = big smile. Now if the piston isnt scored up I will be very happy.

Flywheel had rubbed hole in impulse line and it had came off over time. Saw 2012

h338xpt.jpg h338xptt.jpg h338xpttt.jpg

Forgot to update. 2016 NE with mm runs so sweet. Just a $12 part shipped.

Climber in my group sent it to me to figure out. He had gave up on it and was ready to throw it out of a tree. :lol: Good thing he has 10-15 to handles so that didnt happen.

h338xxx.jpg h338xx.jpg

026 lives.

Cleaned up oem cylinder then crosshatched for new meteor piston kit.

s026mx.jpg s026mxx.jpg

Well here was the reason for my little saw sell off.
Silvey Razursharp early one that the first Simingtons came from when they bought the rights to it.
Then Silvey started on another one later on but different from my readings.
Just setting up and learning something new. Hopefully I can pick this up and offer square grinding local. Because I gave up the square file a few years ago. But got me thinking when a local ask me to square a 60" chain for him and I turned it down.

silveyx.jpg silveyxx.jpg

I have no idea how that works, if you found time to show it?s workings in a bit more detail sometime, I for one, would be interested.

Mick does this work for ya?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IqTfvxFDo5g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back