OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found hanging in a husky shop 1hr away. Well Just couldnt say no to old school with light use. Guy that worked there was selling it. Said hasnt used since 2015 after buying a 562. Wanted to sell to buy a 545. Hey whatever works for me. 8)

2003 with the updated oem partion and clamp already too. So that saves me some tear down time. :hello1:

As seen.

h353xx.jpg h353x.jpg

Checks out too. OE without those dang primer bulbs they started using in them around 07. :thumbup:

h353cc.jpg h353ccc.jpg h353c.jpg h353oe2.jpg h353oe1.jpg h353oe.jpg

Ran these 3 today with 28" buried in ash. Didnt know the guys kid was videoing it till switching saws.

505 just starting 2nd tank after rebuild.

505 385 ran same chain LGX like new with rakers lowered tad more then off the reel.

064 off the reel new LGX.

52mm 40mm 064 - 54mm 37mm 385 - 54mm 36mm 505

Guys son shooting the video didnt come back out when we ran the 385 after b+c change over. He was to busy having fun with the playing boccerball against his sister.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/APZmQ6AtmXc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What I took away from the testing.
064 seemed to have the best torque dawged in. 3mm more stroke I would say does that.
385 seemed to carry most rpm in the cut, except for when dawged in.
505 just little behind but enough for me and what I do. So 385 will still be sold when the local comes up with the $.

Just to share. Sort of pisses me off one of the local dealers treated him like this. aka took advantage of IMHO.

Took his 3120 to dealer. Told him pulling 130psi so put a new topend on it. Bet was just needing reringed.

Coil wire had been chaffed cut and told him needed new coil. So they put a coil in it. Dont these the plug wire screws out to replace.

New carb installed too instead of rebuild.

Then to beat all they put the wrong coil and he couldnt pull it over to get started. He sent it to Rich Dougan to fix it. Said ran 3 months and back to original issue.

I got saw today and fixed in little over hour. SMH

Had a month time frame for wanting back. Done same day.

Now he wants it for a job Friday so bye bye tomorrow.

Dropping off a 372 XT nobody can seem to fix next. ;) We will see about that.

h3120a.jpg h3120aa.jpg

You do love a challenge, don't you??!! Good work. Be curious to hear what has been stumping other folks on the 372.

The challenge is what drives me. It is really satisfying to get things right.
I get saws from shops near me that they can't get right with simple stuff. They can't motivate the hrs to customer so they send them here, usually its 30 min stuff, but those times that its a bit more really get me going.
As I don't care what brand or model it is I get a very broad experience.

The chain looks like it needs a touch up. :drink:

:whine:

:lol:;) It really did too. I put it in the test wood and I called him. I said we should do this chain too. :D

Had to do 5 chains for him. Some of the 404 ones had hit nails. :cry:
Need to raise my price from $5 I think :|: Thank goodness for the USG.

He also has 44" and 60". But he likes his 20" and 24" felling with 395's 394's 3120 too.

385 390 dont have enough grunt for him with even a 20" 24". How I got to buy the 385 off of him.

Also has 1 or 2 2100.

Guy with 3120 picked up and dropped off a woods ported 2013 372XP x-torq. He said he has tried tuning it and cant get it to idle. Took to a dealer and they couldnt fix it either even after saying they did. So now I have my shot at it.
Whats cool is he said a non internet saw shop guy ported for $120. Now that is the kind of prices I was used to seeing through 2010. Will get pics later.

Wont idle shuts of when it sets it down. I have 3 ideas in the back of my mind to look at. I always start K.I.S.S.

Oh got a $15 tip on top of billed paid. 8)

Sweet baby java is the best of the bunch IMO To me.

You do love a challenge, don't you??!! Good work. Be curious to hear what has been stumping other folks on the 372.

To easy :lol: SMH

I found 1 carb bolt really loose. 1 not real tight. Intake clamp around boot loose. Carb out of adjustment on L and I IMHO. Checked cylinder bolts and snugged as they moved hair not much.

Idles all day now.

Noticed yesterday when I pointed straight up it shut off. Also had rolled side to side and pointed down.
Today did same thing after about 20mins of idling and stayed running even pointed up.

Now to wait on a 394 he said is next.

He told me the local dealer gets $80 to look at the saw and then $80 a hr.
So I ask him, so your telling me I aint charging you enough. ;) He said yes. :lol:

Attachments

• h372xt.jpg
    h372xt.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
Back