OK go ahead and laugh at my Poulan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did a tree removal and cut 16 cookies for decorations for a friend to help his friends out. Yesterday he showed up with a 4'x2' hand painted sign for the shop.

Businesses cards I have a orange saw on it, but he new I liked lime green. ;)

Just shows me if you do good deeds for free, sometimes you get the same in return.

shopsign.jpg

Back from family commitments and hunting trip. Put the 262 together last night and fire it off before I quit and came in for the night.

Cleaned up p+c and fresh crosshatching for new ring.
Went ahead and used the K&S piston after it cleaned up good. Wanted to keep the 1st year 1990 K&S set up all together if I sell it later. Instead of putting in a new meteor piston kit.

Some updated pics

redsign.jpg h262crossh.jpg h262crosshh.jpg h262pcc.jpg h262pc.jpg

Just to update you folks who I have told over and over 262 do not impress me. Well Guess it is only the mahle and 120 saws that do not impress now.

I must say with only 5 mins of test cutting this 262 impressed me. Not anywhere close to a broke in saw. Just rebuilt with new ring and new crosshatching.
Never said that with the mahle cylinder and 120 carbed 262's.
But this one has K&S cylinder and the bigger 87 carb. 1990
Sounds like a mad hornet in the cuts. All stock notta done, screen and gaskets all still in, no mm etc.
Will be hard to let this one go.

DSCF9606.jpg DSCF9604.jpg

Chain looks terribly dull in that first pic. Testing a saw with a dull chain is like test driving a car with a flat tire.

:lol: sure ok grabbed it right off the used chains looked over and cut pretty dang good.

Glad you could tell it cut crappy from that pic :lol:. But I am here to tell you, you are wrong. ;) See you havent changed :lol:

Dry baseball bat type hard ash cut like butter. :|:

Will be comparing later to a 036 and 380 I have done in the past. 380 and this 262 not broken in.

If you say so. The powder dust on the saw and reflection on the chain cutters tells me otherwise. But you go on believing it's sharp.

I will. :lol: Guess you didnt see the chip pile did you :lol:

Move on rocky :|: I know who you are

Just got done putting another heat cycle through it ripping the dry ash with that SUPER DULL chain. Boy she cuts good for dull chain :|::lol:

Man I wish the dull chains I get in from folks to sharpen cut like this one before I have to sharpen them. :P

I never said he couldn't sharpen a chain. What I said was that the chain on this saw in this picture is dull. That is a fact and any half decent saw operator on this forum would have to agree. Anyone else here want to claim that this chain is sharp? Go ahead and look closely. Who else here besides Butch thinks this is sharp?

attachment.php

Because I love controversy. It does look dull to me. That picture. But it's not like I was there or anything. :D

There should be a poll option for this. Vote now. :lol:

LMAO yep I vote DULL as hell give the rocky squirrel his nut.. :lol:

Boy oh boy that 4-5 year old dry ash sure put down some chips with that DULL chain. :|: :D

Yep cheap camera pic with some dry ash dust tells all. :|::lol:

Oh chain still throwing chips ;)

About time to take the DULL chain and test drive this one. I think it will be ok with a flat tire or two. :lol::P

Then a couple of 54cc poulans and a 60cc too.

h38503.jpg h38403b.jpg pbb3750pp330p3450.jpg

Back