Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stein Arbor-Trolley

I use mine pretty much every day, every job. Can't think of a job where it wouldnt be usefull. I welded some mounts on my chipper so it stows real nice and doesn't take up extra space. If I don't need it then it can stay on the chipper while the chipper is running. I have hauled a big stack of brush, an entire small crab tree, up a flight of stairs.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Damn! That sounds great!

I don't have a mini but wish I did. However I can't believe the trolley would not be very usefull even if you did have a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin bingham View Post
    I use mine pretty much every day, every job. Can't think of a job where it wouldnt be usefull. I welded some mounts on my chipper so it stows real nice and doesn't take up extra space. If I don't need it then it can stay on the chipper while the chipper is running. I have hauled a big stack of brush, an entire small crab tree, up a flight of stairs.
    That would be a good video to see. Did you haul with help up the stairs

Nick from Ohio Sponsor bonner1040's Avatar

I used the heck out of my trolley today. We had a full day of removals at a Lubrizol Plant (no photos/video allowed on campus). We flopped an oak tree and after limbing it, cut the majority of the stem right onto the trolley after taking the handles off. My calcs on the GLWC put it right around 1000 lbs. I was on a slight right to left grade (compared to the trolley) and the weight of the log rolled the downhill tire, it smushed up something awfull and looked ruined for sure. I grabbed the chipper winch cable, ran it to the log, via some tree-directs and gave her a pull. The tire popped right up, no problem good as new.

I used it to stack small logs, move 12' monsters, brush, everything. I feel like I am just echoing earlier sentiment, but comparing it to a ball cart (or worse a wheel barrel) and it makes you feel dumb for not getting it sooner. Moving logs becomes really as simple as tipping it on, and then just walking.

On top of all that I realized it fits in the feed tray of our chipper, so its now going to every single job.

After work my buddy and I went and put down a $$$ side job, that we would have had to walk away from without some kind of cart or mechanical means to move the logs. The Arbor Trolley made us an extra $300 easy. We couldnt have done the job without it, and with it I moved a huge pile of logs all the way across the yard no problem. (we could have done it obviously, but wouldnt have I guess is more accurate)

Here is just some of the wood, a lot of the smaller logs went with the brush in the woods.

Nick from Ohio

I work with the coolest people in the world @ TreeStuff

I highly recommend BixVid. It cures any ailment, prevents injury and reverses pre-mature baldness.
    Gotta have BonnerVision

Nothing like the right tool for the job. Cutting stuff right onto the trolley is pretty sneaky

I was a little leary of dropping it onto the trolley, so after limbing it we had it sitting on the stump and one limb speared into the grass all the way at the end. Craig just made a bunch of small relief cuts until it kind of kneeled onto the trolley then we sliced out the hinge wood and it just plopped down.

Once we got some of the bigger 10'+ logs to the chipper we just used the winch cable to draw em up and slid the cart out. It may not be a mini but its a big step up!
    Nick from Ohio

I highly recommend BixVid. It cures any ailment, prevents injury and reverses pre-mature baldness.
    Gotta have BonnerVision

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

How much does the trolley cost?

It took me 20 yrs to get the Boxer. I didn't really see the need. During that time, I have created several different types of dollies. I see the Arbor Trolley as a very sound investment.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    How much does the trolley cost?
    It is $700 ($665 after ARBORIST discount code), compared to a standard log dolly from Sherrill at $440

Note in the pictures how the load is held on the log dolly, all the weight is leaning back on the operator. We have 2 of the nursery-ball style dollies at Big Green, there really isn't a comparison in terms of effort required to move the same log.

Also on a ball cart you are limited in terms of length with the material you can move. The AT moves 12'+ logs with ease by simply removing the handle. The Sherrill dolly weighs 120lbs, I can lift the AT with one hand (awkwardly of course, but it is easily handled overhead two handed)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 11.10.44 AM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	333.4 KB 
ID:	49525

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 11.10.29 AM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	49526

For an extra $220 I dont see any point in even considering not getting the AT. I am planning on doing a full comparison video.

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=2293
    http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professi.../Log-Dolly-868
    Nick from Ohio

Gotta have BonnerVision