Stein Arbor-Trolley

If it were 1600 it would still be worth it

Easy to say when you don't have to spend that much. The burn for me is knowing that all you Americans get it for way cheaper. I understand its a volume and logistics thing. It just sucks the duty/shipping.

Also I have a welder and my own shop so maybe I could sort something if I really felt it nescessary.

You would have to declare what it was and its value for the duty to be assessed on my end. It certainly would be nowhere near $1600. I also know anything shipped from the USA to Canada needs to go USPS. Fed ex charges an arm and a leg.

My comm units were $290. After shipping, duty, and taxes I was just over $400 to my mailbox.

I'm guessing that trolley would cost a bit to ship.

Cant I declare it as no-value? A gift? I will be in Indi in a few weeks so I could grab it and run it to a USPS office myself, that way it wouldnt have to ship from them to me and me to you.

If it works out I would be happy to do it for ya. I imagine that it would still be $100-$200 to ship, off the top of my head, in addition to the retail cost of $665 (after discount)

I've shipped splices to canada as no-value product samples. Apparently this dramatically cut down on taxes the recipients had to pay.

love
nick

I have a small arc welder and two solid rubber wheels 14" dia., so I decided to make a log cart/ trolley for myself. I have the trolley made, but no handle yet (metal on order).. The trolley with wheels weighs 31 lbs and has a 24" wheel base. There will be 2 ways to attach the handle and wheels, so that it will function as a log arch, trolley/cart, or hand truck.

The AT looks like a good piece of gear, no question about it. It is billed as a big improvement over ball carts, and this thread and the vid show that is true. But I'm guessing the ball cart still shines for moving out huge single rounds, the kind that area about 3' wide and weigh 250+ lbs. They can't be lifted, just tipped or rolled onto the cart. Or can the AT handle stuff like that too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1947.gif

No way, the AT owns the ball cart there.

I dont have any pics, but the frame of the AT holds the bottom of the round better than a ball cart and when you tip it, it doesnt run away from you cause it pivots on the frame with wheels off the ground.. If you can tip it up by yourself, you can load it on the trolley alone. You dont need anyone to tip the cart while you hold it.

I will get some video.

You mean something like this Cory?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zwn20Nbmpm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will take the trolley to my buddies wood yard and do some showing off.

The vid wouldn't play but it sounds like you get the idea. Wow, I guess the AT does rule.

Nick buddy, watch that form--0:58. You're tall, so more susceptible to back injuries.

Surprised they don't have a cable hoist on a swing arm that you can use with tongs. The liftgate is still a lot of work. Better than nothing. A guy locally has a flatbed with a swing-arm hoist set-up. If you're hauling wood, its sweet, unless you have a kboom with grapple.

Don't get me wrong. I'd take the liftgate over a trailer, dolly and ramps (my current hauling, unless hiring the kboom). Its infrequent that we haul wood, thankfully.

Yup those are the size I'm talking about.

Back