Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Stein Arbor-Trolley

TreeHouse WebMaster Sponsor Adam_P's Avatar

bonner you thief!

I didn't buy welders so I could make pretty metal sculptures. I've made tons of stuff over the years based on something I saw on the internet.. never felt bad about it either.

I'm sure the fit and finish on the stein model is much better than anything that would come out of my garage. Things like axle placement and tongue height have been no doubt dialed in to make that one the bentley of carts. Someone should buy that one if they want the best. Otherwise I think it's sweet that people would learn to weld and try making one on their own. Who knows what good could come out of it... maybe some innovations that could be applied to the next gen stein one. A lot of innovation happens by accident.

I'll probably build a light duty one myself. Maybe right after I build the log arch I've been saying I'd get started on about a year ago...

Treehouser Sponsor chris_girard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Ain't a damned thing wrong with fabricating your own gear.
    Absolutely, as long as you don't try and sell them if there's a patent on it, like there is on Reg's Arbor Trolley.

I actually have the first Arbor Trolley that was sold in the US by Stein last year. I can't say enough great things about it either. I highly recommend it to everyone.

I bought a Stein trolley a few months ago and instantly cursed myself for not buying one when they first came out. It makes every job so so so much easier and boosts production. Also you don't need to rake and blow across an entire garden at the end of the day. My groundie's are much happier and it's really versatile.

I don't know what the retail cost is in the US but here in the UK if I keep it for ten years it works out at 40 per year. Bargain!!

I used one the other day, kind of thinking about buying one now, firstly when i moved it empty i thought the weight was all off. But once loaded it was really good for moving brash about. Might get it after the GRCS tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Flatters View Post
    I used one the other day, kind of thinking about buying one now, firstly when i moved it empty i thought the weight was all off. But once loaded it was really good for moving brash about. Might get it after the GRCS tho....
    Mate, get the trolley first. I bought a Stein Dual bollard first, its a superb piece of kit but doesn't come out that often. The trolley comes out most days and makes me money every time.
    The trolley will make the profit to buy a GRCS. Better still, get a Stein Dual and spend the difference on beer and pay-per-view movies!

Treehouser Sponsor chris_girard's Avatar

I have a GRCS and Stein Trolly and love them both!

Nick from Ohio Sponsor bonner1040's Avatar
    Nick from Ohio

I work with the coolest people in the world @ TreeStuff

I highly recommend BixVid. It cures any ailment, prevents injury and reverses pre-mature baldness.
    Gotta have BonnerVision

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I like seeing it move logs better than brush, but still - I dunno. How does it do on other than flat, concrete ground?

Nick from Ohio Sponsor bonner1040's Avatar

Yet to see boss! But a 10 year old could have moved those logs once loaded.
    Nick from Ohio

I work with the coolest people in the world @ TreeStuff

I highly recommend BixVid. It cures any ailment, prevents injury and reverses pre-mature baldness.
    Gotta have BonnerVision

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I guess my main beef is packing it around. I can definitely see it being useful at a dedicated job site.