Stein Arbor-Trolley

Very cool, and amusing filming perspective showing the log come into view and slowly go out of view.

Using your own costly gear on the job? Impressive, but no doubt will be uncompensated for, even in the long run.

Its not altruistic. I use my own stuff because it makes my day easier and I like it. Definitely unappreciated by management, but my body and coworkers appreciate it, that for sure. Some of our saws are junk, but I dont bring mine in, most of my climbing/rigging equipment is personal but again, thats because of preference.

Truth is, they will pay me to take the long way with the old stuff/tools, but they pay me the same to take the quick way then go hang at Dennys till the billage runs out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Companys love workers that use their own money and equipment to make them money.

Been there, done that, not even a tee shirt to show for it.

I am going to make my own version. It seems its all about balance and a strong axle, wheels, rims, bearings, and light durable frame that is adjustable. Excuse me for stating what most of you know just what I gathered from reading this thread and watching vids. My version could be called the Cajun/Redneck Tree dolly :D

load it.

yvehepa6.jpg

YES! We do that kind of thing all the time.

Load it, drag it to the truck, cut it & chuck it on. Saves loads of time and effort.

Good work Bonner!👍👍

Im thinking light loads of brush. Surely build it and gusset it where appropriate.

Yes, but when you pile on 1000 pounds the weight difference of aluminum or steel doesn't make too much difference. I have slightly bent one of the supports on mine. I load the $&@$ out of it. I'm real jealous of Nicks tires. I bought mine a couple months too early dammit. :(

Sounds good! If you piece one together show some pics. In the garden we worked in yesterday I couldn't help thinking a mini would have been totally useless. Not saying I don't dream of owning one.

It sucks when the mini can't access. This seems like it could be a bridge between the mini and humping it out by hand.

That was my initial plan. I ended up with a way better tool getting it from Stein.

I'm a tree guy not a welder. I make more using the tool then I can save making the tool. I already made the difference in cost in one side job.

Good looking tool all around. Just wondering, could the wheels stand to be slightly larger for easier rolling with heavy loads or do they seem fine as is?

The wheels could be larger but it might require a redesign of the trolley body, or some kind of extension of the axle. I would like to find a way to extend the axle so I could have an optional 'dually', so to speak.

Back