Stein Arbor-Trolley

Nick, you are good with sales and hustling ideas and products. Would you ever consider that end of the business?

He's a natural lock for that down the road.

I'm just saying that if your terrain works with it, just buy it. Saves the body. It breaks down into small pieces.

On that occasion that you are super full, you could put parts of it in the feed tray, possibly the main body minus the wheels. The side stakes will easily slide into the chips against the back door, and the handle as well. Two wheels can tuck in the rear of the bed, or somewhere.

I don't weld. Its a time commitment for me to go to my welder, at a mutually workable time, drop the chipper and AT, then come back and pick it up. Since I've gotten my AT, the one day when we didn't have it (put on ground only job that Erik thought I'd climb and piece out, but I largely felled), we could have moved some padding brush and bunk logs to protect a water line and I would have felled the last and biggest tree, and had a significant job done in dry weather, no wind. Instead, we have a return trip on Friday, 40 miles round trip.

Now that I have it in hand, I'll be able to better figure out how to mount it on the chipper, then have to find the time. In the meanwhile, I've had good experience, and high hopes for it.

For my area, I could easily handle a wider cart. Stein is designed around tight English access. That's my biggest complaint. I might get a block welded to the other end of the upright round rod with a different angle that would allow me to flip the stake over and have a different stake width. (the stakes are round rod with a block welded on the end. the block is what slides into the frame).

Carry a piece of plywood that you can slip in behind the tailgate when you're super full. Gives you enough room to chip a little extra as well

Ya, I have a few scraps that I can fit together to cover all but a hole for the chipper chute. I've thought about making a dedicated piece of plywood. You can really fill it, then.

do you have rings on top of your truck for tie-down points? If needed you could pop it up top, if you're not going down a low clearance area. Know your truck height!

A top-hinged steel flap that could hang down and latch while not working could provide a good lockable storage area. It it had a prop or two, it would make a good umbrella. For people with a swivelling chute, it would work. Mine telescopes, so it would have to be lowered to swing the chute down, which is my preferred travel position.

We trollied today. Pulled right to the chipper, and stuffed them right through. Worked nice. Wish i brought the mini for the wood though, it kinda grew. Woops!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 61
One day chippers will have a cutout on the infeed tray so you can slide the AT handle in and lock in down so the AT stays in position while you're offloading the brush...

Finished up a housing authority job today, trolly was great for moving through the neighborhood

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384225975502.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384225975502.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 92
For those that have/had mini's is the arbor trolley worth it? I can't see it replacing the mini, but for certain jobs it might come in handy. I'm on the fence but NIck's videos are pushing me in that direction!

jp:D

Back