Stein Arbor-Trolley

Bump! Anyone ever use one of these?

$800 :( That seems a bit excessive..

Nick, just a funny quote.

We used my AT today for a lot of brush moving. Thinking of making some side/ bottom boards that might hang from the rods, hinged with a rope loop. This would be for rakings, and transporting gear. A typical sized rubbermaid bin fits nicely in the bottom area, which might fit two typical milk crates, for those that use 'em. I'll try to look tomorrow.

A 15' of scrap rigging rope works nicely as an accessory. I bowline it to the one side, run it over the tower of brush, down around the other side of the AT, cinching the brush down. From there I ran the rope up to the handle, a little like a cleat, then had an extended rope to pull while Erik was on the handle on a slight uphill, and with 4 whole 25' doug-fir trees, a few inches in diameter.

Home early, feeling sick.

Used it today, we liked it. Hauled a medium sized oak in four loads. Uprights are removeable, they just slide into the open tube. I think the tires and axle setup weight more than the whole unit. Going to see if i can streamline that part. I can try to weigh it at some point.

Gotta find a spot for it to live on the chipper. That way its with us all the time.

Home early, feeling sick.

Used it today, we liked it. Hauled a medium sized oak in four loads. Uprights are removeable, they just slide into the open tube. I think the tires and axle setup weight more than the whole unit. Going to see if i can streamline that part. I can try to weigh it at some point.

Gotta find a spot for it to live on the chipper. That way its with us all the time.

No need to weight it just a ballpark would do.

Why did you use it, no access for the mini?

Plenty of access. Smaller jobs id prefer to not over complicate. If i can do it with the at i will. The wood stayed so we didnt have to worry about that. Just trying to kiss. I never owned a hand truck, or wheel barrow, so this is all new to me.

No hand truck or wheel barrow, Wow.

For a cheap noon motorized material mover, a heavy hand truck, with a free cheap mods is great. Besides brush and wood, a heavy duty Rubbermaid garbage can is able to be lashed on, without lifting, and can roll and easy hundred pounds of gear, mulch, grindings, raking s, etc.

Two " horns" welded to the corners of the blade allow you to slide under logs near the center of balancers , lever down and swing the log to the center of the hand truck top and roll long wood thru gates, etc.

Solid tires of that size would be great. Ive thought of trying to get two solid tires of the size that come with it on each side of the axle. In arbortrolley overload we loaded it up so much that the tires sunk into the ground. Just getting it started was impractical.

I am still pushing it to the limit. I lowered a log that was bigger than any yet onto it, and a wrap slipped off the goods and it fell a few inches and smashed into the cart. I was pretty sure it was gonna be twisted up a bit, but it was fine.

I've spent many hours getting wheel barrow tires back on rims over the years. Usually when you need it the most. Since I've had my own business I haven't had to do that once since I run solid tires

No hand truck or wheel barrow, Wow.

For a cheap noon motorized material mover, a heavy hand truck, with a free cheap mods is great. Besides brush and wood, a heavy duty Rubbermaid garbage can is able to be lashed on, without lifting, and can roll and easy hundred pounds of gear, mulch, grindings, raking s, etc.

Two " horns" welded to the corners of the blade allow you to slide under logs near the center of balancers , lever down and swing the log to the center of the hand truck top and roll long wood thru gates, etc.

I have a 1000lb hand truck I bought from Farm & Fleet for a hundred bucks, best money I ever spent. That is what I used BM (before mini) and on smaller jobs with little $ on sure it might take a bit longer but the running cost of the day is lower.

Back