Stein Arbor-Trolley

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I saw this at ArbTalk, quite inventive. Simple, yet effective - I like!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4Tt34MRSGI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4Tt34MRSGI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

In England there are a lot more narrow gates and walkways and no room for expansion. Here in the US I remember lots of 30"-32" gates when mowing lawns as a kid but these days a 42" gate is standard. The old places with tiny gates just end up having a section of fence removed for access.

I want one. Hauling brush would make my life so much better. Do you think they would be selling them here in the us? If not i could design one and get any one print to make there own.

Can't see my arbor cart too well here and it doesn't look as nice but it is 3 wheeled, I have a rod for each corner. When you get to the chipper, pull 2 side rods and tip it over

Attachments

• new folder 008.jpg
    new folder 008.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 114
Bump! Anyone ever use one of these?

$800 :( That seems a bit excessive..

I got the drawings and the plans from a guy on the Buzz and my buddy said he would weld it together for me so I might make one up.

I would be interested in plans if you have them. We were just talking about getting a dolly today at work and the cart seems much better. My neighbor down the road is a blacksmith and welds so I think it could be produced pretty cheap.

I made a real rough one early last yr, we used it for a while then I bought the Boxer. No need for it now. Although today's hot miserable mess may have gone a little smoother with it. Now I need to go find it.

It costs a sight more, but one of these would be nice in certain situations.....http://www.logrite.com/ultraarch.html. The pic of the guy in the green shirt with the fat chunk of wood on the dolly gave me the idea for mine. I had a job with only a 36" gate for access, posts cemented in. I threw the dolly together to cart out the big chunks.

Here's mine. It looks rough, but we carted out a chunk I estimate would go over 700# with it.

4d90cfde.jpg

Friend in town has one, he loves it. If we didn't buy the Thomas and now the Gehl we would pick one up in a heartbeat. Might actually get one here soon since the Thomas burned up, it'd be really handy to have to move chunks and brush in places the Gehl can't get too and get them to a staging area where we could move it with the Gehl.

As far as making your own vs. buying it, personally, I'd buy one before making one. No need to steal another hard working mans idea. He came up with all the little things that make this cart what it is, and personally it wouldn't feel right building my own modeled after his. That's like instead of buying a Wraptor I get the plans for one and just make it myself, without Paul ever seeing a dime on money from me. I don't think any members here would do that to Paul. We all know how much money and time Paul put into it, and I'm sure he has a lot of pride in it as well. I have a shit load of respect for Reg, talked to him online and at TCIA, and even if he doesn't see any profits from the gear he came up with for Stein, he still has a lot of pride in the fact that he came up with it, its his invention. And personally, if I created that cart, and I saw people fabbing it up on their own, copying the ideas that I invested all my time into, I'd be pissed as well.

I suppose I could see someone getting upset if another copied their pattern/idea/etc exactly, but fabbing up something for yourself is just plain fun, as well as financially rewarding at times. I seriously doubt anyone will think I copied their idea with my dolly, anywho. :lol:

Where do you draw the line? Welded/fabricated tools? Splicing? Is it wrong to splice your own stuff when there are folks on here who do it for profit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I draw the line at reproducing them and selling for a profit. All I'm on about is personal stuff.

Friend in town has one, he loves it. If we didn't buy the Thomas and now the Gehl we would pick one up in a heartbeat. Might actually get one here soon since the Thomas burned up, it'd be really handy to have to move chunks and brush in places the Gehl can't get too and get them to a staging area where we could move it with the Gehl.

As far as making your own vs. buying it, personally, I'd buy one before making one. No need to steal another hard working mans idea. He came up with all the little things that make this cart what it is, and personally it wouldn't feel right building my own modeled after his. That's like instead of buying a Wraptor I get the plans for one and just make it myself, without Paul ever seeing a dime on money from me. I don't think any members here would do that to Paul. We all know how much money and time Paul put into it, and I'm sure he has a lot of pride in it as well. I have a shit load of respect for Reg, talked to him online and at TCIA, and even if he doesn't see any profits from the gear he came up with for Stein, he still has a lot of pride in the fact that he came up with it, its his invention. And personally, if I created that cart, and I saw people fabbing it up on their own, copying the ideas that I invested all my time into, I'd be pissed as well.
I don't agree at all. You'll struggle to survive in business if you hand money over to every person that ever invented something that you need. I'm not endorsing selling another man's design. But if a ordinary needs a tool, and buying a manufactured version at full retail price isn't in their budget, should they just say heck with it and not have a tool they are in need of? We splice our own ropes, mod our own saws, etc. Is it necessary that we send royalties to the original entities that perfected those ideas?

Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. Bonner mentioned he had gotten plans for one, so that's more what I was talking about. Sounded like someone on the buzz had come across the exact plans somehow and was giving them out, so that's kinda what irked me, is making an exact copy of something. Fabbing your own gear is good, but try to put your own twist on it is what I'm trying to say I guess. No need to copy something exactly from detailed plans of the original.

Back