Stein Arbor-Trolley

I think its just cracked paint you're seeing, if we're looking at the same spot. Its bulged at all 4 sides.

I wonder if their is a drain-hole in newer AT?

Look at the bottom of that left hand rust blob...just off to the right, about halfway down the whole bared bit of steel...looks like a crack.

That seems to be the steel itself to me, a transversal crack with a very small volcano shape and a hole in the middle
hydroform.jpg

I was at my parent's home for a week and can't do the pic thing to show that.

We've abused ours hard. It's been welded back together in a few spots. But not because it was built poorly. It's been us dropping things into it a little too roughy!

It's worth me taking it to the welder. It's an amazing tool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See that blue two wheel wheelbarrow, that's what we have been using, my helper takes about 15-20 trips to load dump trailer, we can probably get it done in 2-3 trips and less back pain hopefully now. Be great friend! - Kenny

If anyone is looking to purchase one, I bought mine at treestuff, they are selling for $649 plus tax and they charge you $132 for delivery because is so heavy, but I used Coupon Code: FREESHIPPING and save $132. With tax and everything i paid $692.

I love mine. I still can't believe how much brush I can pile on that bad rascal. We took down a 25-30' ash the other day and got all of the brush loaded in two trips with the AT. Now, it was a spindly ash, not one of the ones that looks bushy, but still, that would've been 25-30 100 yards trips without it. We also packed out the 12' long trunk in one piece as well.

On a side note, it will haul a jeep straight six engine with the transmission and transfer case still attached!

We've just had a conversion made for ours, so we can hitch it up to the ATV when we have lots of wood to move.

First time trying it out today. Two pine removal about 55ft each with good amount of branches, took us 4 trips total for both trees, amazing..best purchase I've made in a while.

I've seen that on youtube, a guy pulling it with his fourwheeler, definitely a little bad ass piece of equipment for sure.

I bought one of these chinese garden crap trolley with 4 wheels to try the idea.
Less than 100 bucks, it isn't a big loss.
So, it's way too much weak for a treeman and has a poor stability on an even small side slope (the wheels span is narrower than the deck).
I removed the sides and made a pair of rough stakes to hold the load.
It needs still some improvements to be really usable, but the amount of limbs carried is impressive. The weight too, as I had to move to the chipper several spruces and Leylandii soaked wet this winter. It saved me a lot of trips in the mud.

I consider now to put some money in a real trolley.

I've mentioned before, 4 PVC pipes as bright/ easily visible, cheap, and effective stake extensions... very helpful.

My stakes and pvc ride with the trolley on the chipper. Trolley with the collapsed tongue, vertically. Stakes and PVC extensions riding upside down, threaded securely through the triangle on the AT frame, pvc ends resting on the chipper tongue triangle shelf. I'll have to get a picture tomorrow.

I carry mine on the chipper tray too, with the gas cans and bar oil further in the chipper. Tie off the arbor trolley and use it to hold everything in lol. Even though i know how to weld (it's my day job), i bought one because it's so perfectly engineered. It's always amazing how much material it can move. The only thing i don't like is when you have to pick up logs to move them. A log arch works better for that. But for smaller logs and brush it is hard to beat.

Back