Alpine Magnum

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The biggest factor for me is we have fairly rocky soil. Even the smallest rock in the stump and the teeth are shot. I have started to figure the bid and add $50 for another set of teeth. I would not buy it again at full price. Maybe used but not new. I don't plan to unload it either as I have done stumps that others have passed on to me here and there. I try to do only the smallest of stumps for myself and sub out the bigger stuff.

It only does what he claims if you are grinding out a softer wood in potting soil!!! Real life situations on the other hand errrrr........money's gotta be right for sure.

Factoring the cost of the teeth Ive used and not counting my time, pretty close, could be over or under by a little

If it had been a "normal" yr for me the thing would have payed for itself. It has been nice cause its so portable doesnt tie up a trailer and need another driver etc.

Willie, does the exhaust stench get bad with yours in tight areas? I have to change shirts after big stumps - running 32.1 stihl synthetic in the husky with his modded muffler he puts on them....

No, mine ports right out the front. Makes a black mess all over the aluminum. I'll try to remember a pic later

Lots of rock here, that's why I never bought one. Couple of long threads on AS back then about teeth.

This one is the Aussie version, Alpine copied it. It has different teeth. A New Zealand guy on AS has an original test model and swears by it.

He want's $3200 and won't ship it, I doubt he'll sell it. Another small one just went on ebay, 9hp, 18" wide uses 1/2" teeth, [I've got a stack of them] and he's 20 minutes away. I'm thinking about that now, it would probably do all I need.

Here tis, I love Brendon and simple green:D

Attachments

• 2011-02-10 15.06.15.jpg
    2011-02-10 15.06.15.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 2011-02-10 14.39.58.jpg
    2011-02-10 14.39.58.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
A Solo powerhead? I thought it was a Husky 3120? How would it work if you put one of your 090 powerheads on it?

I was more taken aback by his profession of love for Brendon.

Haha, i'm secure in my manliness:D

Brian, you can get them with the 3120, 076 and solo 694. Someone told me they make an 088 mount now too, I think I would choose that option now

Willie, can't you make a mount arrangement for one of your 090s? You wouldn't be using Jerry's old saw of course, that would be an unforgivable offense.

Many rocks in its future in sure :cry:. I have enough jobs to make it pay for itself soooo, i got it. Sometimes we take the duals off, back on, grind, then repeat for a piddly stump.

Back