"so....hows bizness"

Bota ruuuuules! Mine was in the shop for 3 weeks getting serviced and a new articulation pin (parts were slow), used it today, like heaven on earth for a tree guy.

Working on getting a grapple for the Dingo. Should have one by Christmas if the rest of the kit settles down from breakage. Should work a treat.
Selling a ton of work. Not scheduled out as much as I normally am. But enough to keep us hopping for some weeks.

Grapple...Life will change.

I wish I had gotten scoops before a bucket.

Seems like the flow is flowing, from the ebb and flow, you know. School's back in, prep for winter storms. Summer sun is the norm here, without ass-kicking storms. D and I just flew in from Chicago. While visiting my aunt, I thought that there was going to be a tornado. 81 MPH winds. I bet a lot of EAB kill failed. Crazy to see the mortality

I actually want one more bucket.. a 34" for going through small gates with. Buckets make clean up a snap in the fields we work in.
We are so lucky not having a lot of lawns like what some of you guys in here deal with.

That looks sweet. I'd love a grapple for my Bota. The tines look like they might be prone to getting bent by an abusive operator, but that's from looking at pics over the interwebs. What's your take on it from using it?

Yes Squish, it's officially a manure/brash fork and if abused the tines (momentarily) bend, although they have always snapped back so far.
If one has to pick up a round/cookie it's best to grab it then lift and reopen to allow the piece to fall to the back of the bucket (like a bird eating if you like)
. Weight was an issue on a relatively small tractor (225kg weight on The back) so I couldn't go forestry strength equipment. For those that suggest the bar across the tines I think they're right, we'll see if the problem arises we'll weld something up.
It's a doddle to use and the turf tyres are great, tracks on a skid steer would rip a lawn up after dozens of trips, plus it can go on my trailer so very convenient.
It's the speed at which large takedowns can be rattled off that I love, no more desperate afternoons cutting cookies and lifting into a truck.
Anyway as you can guess I'm keen!

I've been daydreaming about a grapple on my tractor. Was pushing up my woodpile this evening with a plain old bucket. Frustrating at times.

Cost about €3500 because it was fabricated specially.
Kubotas own was very pricey (so they informed me)
. Well worth it.

Yes, Stephen, a 34" bucket would be nice. I looked at more work that has narrow gates, and am again glad to have expandable tracks.

Yup that expandable track option that boxer has is very attractive. We are lucky around here as most houses are on 2 acre lots so we can access most trees with our wheel loader. As has been said I have yet to regret an iron investment. Currently half assed looking for a crane, 20-30 ton with 80-95' live boom + jib. Man will we roll with that sucker.

Iron is great. Currently scheduled out about 7 weeks nearly 7 days a week, with a short day being an 8 hour day. We are at the point where we need a full time second crew, but I do not want any more employees. That means we need to increase production with more iron, so I am looking at purchasing a spider lift or a knuckle boom for next year.

I'm not nearly that busy.

down this week: chipper, mini, and pick-up all in the shop.

Next week is full, then probably up north to grind stumps for a bit.

Strange year this year...when it was 80-90 temps we hd loads of work; now should be crammed with jobs for Fall and only a week out...:dontknow:

I suppose if I looked for work I could be busier...never advertise...in fact tell most customers I'm not really looking for more work.

Now that I have a large commitment on a stump job up North I'll probably get buried in tree work down here.:lol:

Been thinking of hanging it up, maybe just working for someone else or just finally quitting. Seem to go through this phase about annually. Having three pieces of iron in the shop probably triggered this thought pattern, just watching all the $ disappear.

Hope the block heater still works this year after all those early mornings starting your pickup last winter!

Me? My pick-up has a 351 in it. Chip truck had block heater put into use. No logging for me this winter...goiing to take a few months off for music when it gets too cold unless there is an emergency.

Back