Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swedish sectional ladders

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Elecio. Very cool name!

Good luck in your pursuit!!!

Treehouser

Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    nguwang, welcome!

I wish I could help you, but it seems that from my explorations through the internet, no marketer is currently offering this product for sale. The last company I have certain knowledge of that sold them was Forestry Suppliers, Inc. You might try direct contact with them with your inquiries. Perhaps they could offer some help.

https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/
    Hi Burnham,

Thank you for your reply.

We could not find too. We did check with Forest Supplier but they said they don't carry such product.

Is there a way to know who fabricated the items used in the demo? We wanted to purchase some as we thought this is the most effective climbing ladder for seed collection in the forest rather than using sliding ladders or bamboo scaffolds.

Hope you can give us some idea or contact information.

Thank you and best regards.

Hi Altissimus and MasterBlaster. Thank you.

Elecio, I do not have any information regarding the company that originally produced the Swedish stacking ladders. Perhaps you don't know, but this is a product that came on the market in the 1960's or before, and has generally fallen out of use since the 1990's.

Frankly, there are almost certainly better methods for accessing canopies of trees for seed harvesting available today. Current methods of access by either DRT or SRT by properly trained climbers is efficient and offer far more access to the whole canopy than ladder systems ever did...in fact, by ladder alone, precious little of the seed bearing portions of a tree are accessible.

I'd advise that your company pursue training opportunities along those lines of skill acquisition, rather than chase the Swedish ladder. If you need help finding a vendor that can fill your training needs, I could offer a few suggestions if you wish.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    .....Frankly, there are almost certainly better methods for accessing canopies of trees for seed harvesting available today. Current methods of access by either DRT or SRT by properly trained climbers is efficient and offer far more access to the whole canopy than ladder systems ever did...in fact, by ladder alone, precious little of the seed bearing portions of a tree are accessible.

I'd advise that your company pursue training opportunities along those lines of skill acquisition, rather than chase the Swedish ladder. If you need help finding a vendor that can fill your training needs, I could offer a few suggestions if you wish.
    Elecio, you would be wise to follow this most excellent advice.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Default ELECIO!

Love that name!

Sounds like a bullfighter!

Not that I approve of that...