Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swedish sectional ladders

Default Swedish sectional ladders

Rather than go to far off topic in the 200 ft. climb line thread...

Quote Originally Posted by wiley_p View Post
    Burnham, could you post some pics of the stack ladders? I used some when I washed windows, and a few years ago I saw some in the back of a guys truck from a Cananda, that were for trees, had some fastner rig on the upper stack. been looking for some ever since.
    Here's a few pictures taken at a training workshop I did a few years ago, Dave.

They should be available through Forestry Suppliers...but their website doesn't show the Swedish sectional ladders themselves, only listing a set of feet for them??? There is another variety of sectional tree ladder shown, but the FS doesn't use those as they have an unhappy tendency to come apart on uneven ground. So I'd just have to call them and ask, if I was after buying some. They are stupid expensive...last I recall, they were about $350 or so per 3 meter section. Probably more now.

The most sections I've ever stacked is 9. I know folks who have gone as high as 12, doing sugar pine cone collections. Some people get wiggy on those narrow little railroad tracks to the sky .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dscn0345.jpg   Dscn0346.jpg   Dscn0347.jpg   Dscn0348.jpg  

Dscn0349.jpg   Dscn0350.jpg  
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

That's waycool. I'd like to have 3 or 4 sections for trimming big pines, but that hardly ever happens.

Is there a limit to how many you can use?

Not so far as the structural strength of the ladders goes, Butch. You need tree structure that is compatible; fairly straight bole without limbs, though you can always prune a path for placement if need be.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

RIVERRAT

With them ladders everybody will be claiming to be a pro tree cutter

I don't think so, Jeff

RIVERRAT

Lets hope Home Depot doesn't hear of them

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Those look better than the ones we have here, which are just single pole with rods sticking out alternatively on each side, and a fork spike on the lowest, for jamming into the ground. They come with shoelace like ties for lacing around the tree at intervals. The Japanese can be nuts.

At the price they run, not very likely to see many on the big box shelves, do ya think?

Strikermike

Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    At the price they run, not very likely to see many on the big box shelves, do ya think?
    Until they find someone in China to make them.

RIVERRAT

Quote Originally Posted by Strikermike View Post
    Until they find someone in China to make them.
    RIGHT!