Motorcycling.

Cool, ride Mick, seems to fit the terrain that you show. A growing in numbers elderly population in France, so be careful. Is that your first bike?

Jay.
I rode bikes when I was younger, and occasionally on holiday I'll rent one. I'd rate myself as pretty competent.

I will be careful for sure, my teararse days are behind me. I could have paid half as much and gone twice as fast,
its purely a pleasure ride, never at night/raining/winter etc.

I have gone on record as saying that I'd never do anything risky, but having reach 50 I figured that I owed myself something outside the business and renovation of the house.

Something like this you keep for a decade or so and then when you're too old or lose interest you cash in.

Not much risk to riding a bike if you are careful IMO.

Just remember, everybody on the road in cars are out to GET you and you'll be fine.

No apologies for a couple more pics.

Got it home today, I've been waiting to ride this for over thirty years.

Felt great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 35
I know a guy that had a few Nortons. One in particular was always trying to kill him. The last straw was when the clutch handle broke at a stop light and shot him out into the intersection into a truck.

I only had one, a Suzuki DR650, which I used for the entirety of my four month motorcycling career. Wish I had it back. Might actually be for sale, the family friend I sold it to passed away this year. I think I'll pass.

305, my ride during high school. It had a nice open pipe sound which I could flip open and close with these things on the pipe ends they called "cut outs". Basically just washers on a swivel to muffle the noise. Got a few tickets for that by not seeing a cop in time. The guy that had it before me built it up, put a different cam in it. There was still a guy with the same bike that I could never beat in a straight race. The 250 and 305 were a popular bike. A guy living on my street had a Honda bike dealership.

Attachments

• 60a9cac4f5abd1e0f0c085d777b306e3.jpg
    60a9cac4f5abd1e0f0c085d777b306e3.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 32
ed6f708bfeebd0f30185a03564404d1e.jpg

My first ride...

Mick, I had a Norton 850 back in my college days, was white but otherwise looked just like yours. Fun machine.

I remember reading that earlier in the "your greatest vehicle" thread. Along with Gerry B's statement that it was "one of the best of the Limey bikes" it was part of my decision making process.

Jay, those classic old Jap bikes are still really cheap.
I know of a barn with a water cooled GT750 and a couple of GT500s sitting rotting away.

I love moto.....

430am.....waiting to drive to Utah to ride 1000 miles of trail for 12 days....Wish me luck.....I'll try to send pictures if I get a signal......I mean Utah is pretty far out there.

Back