Motorcycling.

Back when I was driving one of my many Citroën Meharis, which don't offer much more protection than a motorcycle, almost the same thing happened to me.
Driving west into the setting sun, traffic stalled for some reason.
I look in the rear view mirror and see a truck coming at me at full speed.
Manage to turn the steering wheel, hit first gear and floor it, not fast enough, he still hit me and threw me into a field.
Next 3 cars were totalled.
Mine needed a new rear end.
He was talking to his daughter in the passenger seat and blinded by the sun...........................BANG!

If I hadn't had that motorcyclist paranoia, and checked my rear view mirror as soon as I slowed down, I would have been killed.

Justin, one of the reasons I drive a BMW is that it is silent.
Doesn't make more noise than a car, but you'd need a top level Porsche or Astom Martin to keep up with it.
I hate those guys who think that the more noise their effing Harley makes, the bigger men they are.

Stopped for gas in the local village once, when this guy riding a Triumph Rocket with no baffles whatsoever, rolled in.
Literally shook the windows in the whole village.
So I told him: " Guess you must have a pretty small dick, having to make so much noise"

I'm 6'2" and ride a silent bike.
That good enough for you.
Why must everybody else's hearing suffer because those fools have a problem?

I test rode the Zero electric bike 2 years ago.
What a trip.
Super torque and no noise whatsoever.

I looved that thing.

Must have been something else slapping. Have they always been belt drive?

I noticed there was no clutch, too.

Seems it would be weird w/o engine braking...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Zero that I drove was belt drive.

You have tremendous engine braking since it regenerates electricity.
Hardly ever have to use the brake, except for emergencies.
So, basically, all you use is the throttle.

On the zero, you have economy and sport setting and then a 3rd where you can set the different parameters, like engine breaking, yourself.

I really liked that bike.
On economy you get about 300 km , fully charged.
On sport and the way I drive, way less. I'd say maybe 150.

If I lived where I do and worked in Copenhagen, I'd get one.
It recharges from an ordinary wall socket, so one could just recharge it at work.

Can you tell, I'm in love, a little:lol:

That's awesome.
Yes, I can tell you are in love with the zero bikes. I get the engine braking now. I guess I mean slipping the clutch and tire a bit, scrub off speed.

I took a good one today.

Came in to a corner kinda fast and right at the apex, seemed the whole front washed... I think I broke the caliper off the fork, and grenaded the rim... Thankfully a low side and my Aerostich saved my skin...I felt like I teleported away from the guardrail. Got up and pulled the bike off the road.... tow truck and I was home in a few hours. Ha.

9c1eda103a5eb39eb530c3bd2d1c2eb4.jpg
b32b3135dd8753b58d321c02ee999646.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That is crazy chit! Glad you are ok!

How many times have you put one down?

I just see red sometimes. I will, Butch.
I know, I gotta back down and give in....
Just cause I can...doesn't mean I have too.

On the street, like that...probably 6-8-10 times max...
Low sides, High sides, Over the bars, looped wheelies...etc.

Any wreck you can walk from is a good one. Never kept count how many times I slid down the road. Over 30 I'm sure. Man my 92 zx7 was a tank, crashed that sucker 3 times one weekend, just had to keep pegs and levers and side plastics . I was on the track though for most of mine, very different story on the street, tends to be a lot more solid objects to hit.

Glad you are OK

heard that!!!

It's all learning where the edge of the envelope is.... Where that hair over the line is.....

friggin' Railing!!!

I can't do drugs anymore (got married, had kid), but I can ride motorcycles. :)

Back