Motorcycling.

My best buddy's 18 year old daughter is a vegan, so I'm in great practice with the aggravating of non meat eaters. Actually, no need to practice. They're easy targets. :D

Close?

Here's his crazy ass again.
I had to turn my head.

67e5cf64fe7cc649d7c019af30d52834.jpg

We're on the road almost to Ely Nevada.....

Stephen....The scooter or moto is the best for bids. It's fun getting around and keeps the miles off the truck.....and the kids can have a blast.

Jebus H Christ, Deva, I hadn't seen that picture before.
Talk about a death wish.
And to think that I used to berate you for crossing the double line on highway 1.

Compared to this, that is pretty sedate.

After all the turbulence with the company, I decided to treat myself to something nice.
My x-wife's mother always said, if you are depressed, go buy a new car, that'll cheer you up ( She had money aplenty)
I didn't buy a car, but a bike.

I love my big 1100 cc BMW tourer, but it is not the sportiest thing around.
So I went and bough myself a Honda VFR.
Man, that thing is fun to ride.
Just got back from a 100 mile trip on the small twisty country roads we have around here. Simply couldn't stop, once I got going despite hard winds and temperatures in the 40es.
You really feel the side wind on the Honda. The BMW simply ignores wind. Apparently when one is born in the Bavarian Alps, wind is not something one notices.
But it is a fun, fun bike, compared to the rather staid Beemer.
It doesn't look like much when parked beside the BMW, does it?

Attachments

• P1050078.JPG
    P1050078.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 34
  • P1050079.JPG
    P1050079.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 34
  • P1050080.JPG
    P1050080.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 35
Congratulations, Stig!

Good for you....treating yourself.

It's good to have both a strong stick and a fast stick. I believe the Europeans call it pairing....like wine and fish.

Yeah, Christian beats to his own drum.

Nice bike Stig, I didn't know Honda had anything with a single sided swingarm. I thought that was just a BMW and Ducati thing.

Having just taken the rear wheel off the BMW after suffering a puncture yesterday ( Luckily just after leaving the freeway where I was doing close to 120 mph) I sure appreciate that single swing arm thing.
Honda put it on the VFR and then removed it on the later models for some obscure reason.

Silly designers, probably a production cost issue. I've never had a single sided swing arm, but every time I've taken the back wheel off I wished I had one.

Awesome, Stig. Both are mighty fine ways to eat up miles.

I know you'd be faster on every front compared to my Jag XKR...but one ;). I have a heated seat beside me for bringing along my dear sweetness girl en route to the next romantic hideaway...just a simple observation, no deeper message :D.

I still see my Beemer around town (1974 R90/6, full fairing and touring bags) which I had to sell during tight financial times after divorce from first wife. :(
It was my second tourer after a Yamaha 750 (three cylinder shaft drive, partial fairing and bags).
Borrowed a friends Honda Interceptor... I had always been a tourist, but that bike was fun on the twisty!
Another friend had a Norton Commando (1975, next to last year I think) that was a load of fun to ride, too.

I have never looked back with the least remorse, after changing my sights from a BMW to the sweet and fast Jaguar. Old guys like me get to liking our creature comforts, I suppose :D.

Lots of comfort in the big BMW tourers, Burnham.
Heated handles and seat and a moving windshield that can be set according to the speed, so you sit in a bubble of still air.
I could ride mine at 120 MPH and quietly smoke a cigarette if I wanted.

http://[URL=http://s374.photobucket.com/user/flashover604/media/FE126745-F93B-439A-A876-35C6C7AA4D65.jpg.html] [/URL]
Lots of comfort in the big BMW tourers, Burnham.
Heated handles and seat and a moving windshield that can be set according to the speed, so you sit in a bubble of still air.
I could ride mine at 120 MPH and quietly smoke a cigarette if I wanted.

Stig, I agree. I've been working towards a GS1200 Adventure. I can't wait to finally get one.

http://[URL=http://s374.photobucket.com/user/flashover604/media/88C52A64-8F78-4B88-956C-FA68C48F12E1.jpg.html] [/URL]

Back