Motorcycling.

Haha. A dumb animal.

This will keep me mellow for awhile, I'm sure.

Thanks for the thoughts, Friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Be Glad that was a motorcycle friendly guard rail.
I've seen some here in Europe that would totally rip a motorcyclist up.

Close call, I'm glad you could walk away from it.

Not my kind of bike at all, but this BMW could probably eat all the Harleys and Harley look a likes on the planet for breakfast, then be ready to do it again for lunch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kv-uvmHvhro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what it used to look like, before BMW decided to conquor the American market:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yz1wnFm_PQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before you start making fun of his accent, please considre what you would sound like in any foreign language.

So I did buy myself a little street machine a few weeks back. Ninja 300. Looks a lot more potent than it is. But I've been having a blast soaking up every last bit of the season that I can. My wife has been enjoying the heck out of it too and now we're saving for a second bike(I'm itching bad for a true super sport) in the spring. I sure have missed being on two wheels.

Here's a pic I've got from the day we picked it up.

IMG_1524.jpg

Nice bike, Justin.
I sold the Honda VFR that I bought last fall.
It was just too damned uncomfortable to ride, even if it was fun.

My apprentice calls my BMW a " grandfather bike", and since I've married into a couple of ( As my wife calls them) bonus grand kids, that is probably right.

Still managed to cut 28 minutes off the GPS estimated time on a run home from doing an estimate in the north part of the island last sunday, though.

Mostly because I had a slice of bread for breakfast and nothing since, except for the 6-7 jalapeno peppers that I ate when Richard and I were grilling and canning the last of the harvest.

So I was basically doing a speed run for the toilet at home.

Yes the uncomfortableness of a super sport is something that comes up a lot. I plan to not rush a second bike(got lots to learn and experience to gain which this bike is great for) and want to ride a bunch of different bikes hopefully to see where things are at.

I can tell you right now in all honesty having a 'slow' bike has saved my ass a couple of times already from getting in over my head. My best bud I ride a lot with has a gsxr750 and it would seem I'm going to learn a lot about actual riding in order to keep pace with him instead of just learning to twist a throttle.

Squish, I have been looking for that exact bike. I have a KTM 390 Duke which I like a lot but went to the track last weekend (watch for thread) and am thinking the 300 super sport class might be fun.....

Squish, I have been looking for that exact bike. I have a KTM 390 Duke which I like a lot but went to the track last weekend (watch for thread) and am thinking the 300 super sport class might be fun.....

A duke or a rc390 were both bikes I was considering. This one came up at $2500cdn though. One owner, 48 year old lady, never dropped or crashed. I snagged it for 2300.

Under 400cc is cheap insurance here. And it gets crazy mileage. So it's quite a economical choice here. Something like 50-60mpg I think. I doubt I'm seeing that when I'm having fun though. Still light on fuel

I have no local tracks around, just road riding. Some epic roadways st my doorstep, but I'd love to one day go to a track day somewhere. Or take a riding school at a track. Maybe one day.

Do a track day and just watch who is faster than you. Next session follow them out and follow their lines, don't go WAY beyond your limits following them as you can crash when the sudden realization that shit they have race slicks on. You know what I mean find the right rider and follow him. if you really feel faster following him you might want to introduce yourself to him and figure out if he is cool with you following him, if not punch ups can occur

I liked the Duke because its not a race bike. I personally never want to race again, so expensive to win. Track days are a blast though if you can find a good crowd

I imagine I'll find my way there one day. I've been getting out nearly every single day. Really trying to get some miles in.

The natural high and exhilaration of biking is feeling very addicting.

Sooo. I said I wasn't rushing a second bike right? Well shortly after acquiring the first one my wife and I were basically fighting over who was getting to ride it. Then, this nice little r3 went on sale locally for cheap. I picked it up a few weeks ago and even into the late fall we've been still riding atleast every other day. It's nearly over now the riding season here but I still plan to get out when I can.

I've really, really been enjoying being back on two wheels again.

IMG_1571.jpg

My wife says she's never seen me so happy as since we've gotten these bikes. Lol. Stupid as that sounds.

I've been taking my daughter out a bit doubling too. She loves it.

I'm open to gang names Butch, haven't settled on anything yet.

Paul the ninja is a nice bike. The yamaha has a little more grunt to it but not much.

Yah Deva, kind of excited and a little bit of parental concern too. My daughter has been taking our farm quad out a bunch just to learn gears and some basic basics. Last time out she was just flying on it and taking some small jumps. I'm excited for her to develop a bit of a sense of adventure and hooliganism but I sure hope she doesn't get hurt at all. Her goal is to be riding one of these bikes in three years time. I told her if she keeps practicing and bugging that I'll find her a little beater dirtbike to ride around on and that she'll need to develop some real skills before she'll be turned loose on the street.

Back