Motorcycling.

I doubt I'm going to be able to do much if any track time. Track days in BC are all a full day away (1/2 day there and a 1/2 day back) and seem to push upwards of $500/day. I've read it's much more reasonable south of the border, just even further away. I believe a lot of bc riders still make the trek south for better tracks and cheaper rates.

Maybe one day but it's to much money, time and commitment when ive got fantastic road riding right at my back door.

Squish you need to fly down here and stay with us for a bit. I could hook you up with a bike and some track time. Woody and I am headed to NCbike next weekend for 2 days , both of us are getting a deal $400 so $200 each. Roger the guy that runs it likes the idea of Woody getting out there it seems. Hella break

Justin the r3 cannot run in 300 class races, Ninja it is

Yah it's limited to different classes. As things progress I think there will be more and more larger cc classes up to 400. Kawi just released a all new ninja 400 not like the old sleeved down one.

From what I've read there's plenty racing to be had still on yamahas and ktm's but maybe not any real serious classes yet? I've been looking around and there's some fairly serious looking racers running fully race modded r3's.

I'd love to get a chance to get out and travel and ride. I appreciate the offer.

nah just a circle/8 track idea off YouTube for behind your barn.

I've never been into street bikes but dirt bikes on dirt and dirt bikes on street are my cuppa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I had a 1973 MXB Yamaha moto in '77. Rode the thing down at Ft. Hood on the road with KZ 900 Kaws. Thing was ported to be like a rocket ship. Lucky it didn't kill me. One of those 900s did kill the operator and the passenger lived. Fastest production bike on the road at the time. Pretty tame by todays standards.

I almost lost my BMW last night.
We had a storm on the east coast where my mechnic lives.
The bike was parked in his garage, he is working on the ABS system.
A big old willow came down 3 feet from my bike.
Talk abouy luck!

nah just a circle/8 track idea off YouTube for behind your barn.

I've never been into street bikes but dirt bikes on dirt and dirt bikes on street are my cuppa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I road dirt bikes a lot in my late teens early twenties. I've got a lot of love for the dirt. It was a damn near perfect collision of times and places when I was that age. My best friends parents owned a auto wreckers, and right next door was the highways department gravel pit. Not only were we allowed to ride the pit, the head guy loved us and would customize the pit somewhat at our request. I kid you not, could you imagine the fun we had in this gravel pit. My buddy and I became really good hillclimbers/descenders from practicing so much in all different gravel piles and cut banks. 250 two stroke action for the most part, although my buddy had a yz490 for awhile.

We used to race beaters from the auto wreckers in that pit too. My friends dad would give us one car and we'd have to usually fix/replace something to get it going. Then we'd ratsnag the living hell out of it in the pit. Rolled cars more than once, jumped them, drifted them, just destroyed them. Then we'd walk back to the wreckers and grab the yard truck and go and tow it back and fix it or strip what was left and turf it to the crush pile and beg for another one! Lol.

My best bud from then is the fellow who's riding street with me here again on his gsxr750. He had a r1 for five years or so before this bike and prior to that another gsxr750. So he's got a lot of street experience too, he's fun to ride with.

It was some of the best times of my life.

Even for when we were young we were overwhelmed at our good fortune of the old school pit master who let us ride to our hearts content. No litter, no mess, no parts.....no other real rules. We road there for about ten years, longer for my buddy his whole childhood.

It would never fly nowadays. Even then it was awesome that he let us, and even helped us out with jumps, berms, ramps, whatever. He was a right cool guy.

Back