Motorcycling.

Awesome photo of the dirt bike with the saw scabbard!

I cant post a photo of mine as I no longer own a camera phone but I bought one of these a few weeks ago, lot's of fun and great for doing bids around town, cheers.

posty.jpg

:lol: You need one of these!

Honda-CT70-Left-Side.jpg

I bet your kids will put some more miles on your old bike eventually.:rockhard:

Cool. I've been feeling the itch for a bike myself. My last one was a old gs750. My buddy picked up a '03gsxr 750 that's been in my shop for a couple of weeks now. Tearing it right down and going through it all.

I've been keeping an eye out just in case a 'deal' comes up. Lol. I think my wife would kill me though.

Levi how do custys react to the new machine? I bet it's a blast to clip around on and economic as all hell.

Thanks Buddy!

Justin, just about everyone who sees this bike loves it! you're right, I feel like a kid again, all I wanna do is ride!:D My brother has been rebuilding a gsxr 650 or maybe 600, can't remember. Sweet bike though, I guess they're real popular with the local hipster crowd so hard to find lately.

cq5dam.web.480.480.png

I saw one of those Polaris things you like on the road up here. And funnily the fellow piloting it had no helmet on? We have strict helmet laws here so I'm not sure the scoop on that?

Have fun Levi, and stay safe!

I know of some people who wear fake helmets when they ride through areas with helmet laws.

Why not just wear a real helmet?

Granted, there are a lot of very good reasons NOT to wear a helmet, but why go the extra step to wear a fake helmet?

I was curious of that too, about the no helmet? Greater peripheral or awareness?

Butch I guess he was riding illegally. But just seemed he must have been oblivious to the law/classification as it was on the weekend of our big local fair and there were cops everywhere?

Listened to some medical people discuss it one time.

The human head is heavy and not supported well. Like and orange on a tooth pick. Adding a heavy helmet can make it worse. The added torque from the weight can actually lessen the chance of survival.

Some helmets make it harder to see.

I guess the best time to wear a helmet is in town, at low speeds. Helps with a direct impact.

On the highway, a helmet does not really do much for you. If you dont get the chance to lay your bike down properly, a helmet is not going to save you.

Having said that, I always wear a helmet! Mine has a shaded lens and protects my eyes and face from 75 MPH grasshoppers.

I've been smacked in the face by Kabutomushi when on my bicycle at night and it can raise up a good welt. At 75mph it might just knock you out. Cool bugs. Their bodies are armor plated. Not the best fliers but they can lumber along heavy, mostly looking for Oak tree sap, their yummy.

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 30
WTH. I thought those were toys.

Yikes. Bee/wasp in the helmet is a gas.

Went riding yesterday up into Mendocino..

Tons of fresh burns...
aaa071dfbcb79bd6a2333a4ff4ebe173.jpg
3765f0855805d9789cad8b640bf29a8b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Myself as well Mick. Came over backwards on a hill climb. To avoid the quad crushing me I couldn't protect my head as well as I would've liked. I came down on a rock knocked me out for a little bit with a helmet on.......without it may have been a permanent lights out I fear.

Back