Motorcycling.

I'll never tell again, Ed.

Matt, She looks to have the eye of the tiger...

Though here's a friends Norton. This thing is a screamer. Original bike and rider since late 60's.

Attachments

• Norton.jpg
    Norton.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 49
They are beautiful...but shake your teeth right out of your head to ride, as I fondly recall :).

Ahh this is what most people say! The reason is both pistons move the same with a counter balanced crank. Once over 2000 rpm they smooth right out;)
Stig I'll get a picture for you today once it warms up some 27 currently. But no complaints from this Vermont transplant. It's perfect temps for the Bsa I have too which need to take her monthly tour!

Still a fine road for fun. The dragon is the best in the south IMHO.
Stig here you go I got her for a oak removal over a house, when I went to see the tree it was off in a carport under a sheet. I asked the owner Norton or triumph? He replied first person in years to know what it is. A happy day for me for sure:D I have been through it all short of real paint job and polishing everything.
And a pic of my 71 Bsa thunderbolt 650
uploadfromtaptalk1361128823623.jpg

They are both lovely bikes!
And frig painting and polishing, I like patina.

Yessir, me too...but that after-market seat needs to GO! :D

And my Norton certainly did smooth out at speed...but only relatively. After a 4 hour ride I'd feel like James Bond's martini, I fear :).

Nice bikes, bro...I'm jealous.

You ever get this way Mr. B she's yours for a ride. It would be priceless to enjoy the smile on your face:rockon:
Believe it or not it is factory correct hi rider seat, (it did come to America in the 70's;)) I hear you its not my preference but my other is due a new cover and foam.

We had a day of thaw yesterday, so we went and picked up Richard's newish Aprilia Pegaso. Since he doesn't have a motorcycle license that is valid in Denmark, I drove it home for him( Imagine how that hurts. To have a bike and not be able to get a license for a couple of months, because driving instructors don't teach motorcycle classes in winter).
Nice bike, just enough power for street use, and wonderfully nimble compared to my BMW. I'd hate to drive it on the freeway, though. That is where the Bimmer shines.
The last two miles I got icy road paranoia real bad, started going straight through turns and only using the rear brake.
Made it home fine though, and riding it was sure more fun than sticking it in my neighbours horse trailer.

:thumbup: Nice, Stig.

Anyone hear about Royal Ensfields? The motoboutique just started carrying them.

I would love tofind a classic bike like those Nortons at a great deal.
or any older euro...

I like the modern 3 cyl Triumphs -

triumph_tbirdsport_main.jpg

They've done a fair job of re-creating a classic British bike look on that one.

The radiator sticks out like a sore thumb, though.

Yea but so nice on the mind and cardio! A sore arse would be well worth the trade;)
Did demo rides on a t100 and a speed triple last year both were solid rides reasonably priced I thought also.

For the last few years I have gone to Riding into history a bike exhibit at the world golf village. I have seen and heard the Vincent, so so nice!
I love motorcycles as much as I love tree work maybe more.
I keep collecting them. I have 10 that run and more than 15 in storage. When I get back to Vermont this is my go to.:)
uploadfromtaptalk1361285163753.jpg

Back