Timber Framing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny how a messy timber frame interior still looks magnificant. I remember that bench!

Like me, those folks are lucky to have a friend like you, and all the work you put into that for their memorable day.

Just don't blame me for the color. Everyone, and the happy couple in particular, wanted it left natural for the wedding, but the groom's mother tight it would look "elegant" stained.:|:

I can't recall what the use purpose of that structure is, if mentioned. Two or three years and the color will ease up and look like barn paint.

Every time I come over here to the barn to pick up my workbench, I always get distracted. I can't figure out why.

IMG_20160803_195252908_HDR.jpg

Cool pile of sawn up fatties. Do you let the logs lose some water before sawing them up? Under snow it doesn't seem like they would lose much.

That was always a nice sight years ago, seeing green timber framed up places sitting for three months to season. You could go snoop around with nobody about. I can't remember the last time I saw a house being built like that now. All the real carpenters threw in the towel.

Nice, Dave.

I still say when Butch and I get to be billionaires (he promised to tell me how he did it when he does :)), I'm going to bring you and your tools out here to Oregon to build me my ultimate shop/garage.

Back