Little Groms Appreciation

Bodean

Cali dreamer
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to voice a little notice to the younger folks on the TH.
RangerDanger and LittleNick, and any others.

I just think it's cool youngsters that young are eager, involved and interested
in arboriculture and Hanging at the TH.

Just like a forest of trees, age class diversisification is important in climbers.

Plenty of old Climbers but I hope there is more of an underclass coming.

Root Beer for you :beerchug: Barq's or AW, whatever you're into.

Here here! Blinky Junior will be climbing with a saw this summer, maybe he'll join in.

Absolutely! And I think it's a blast being able to watch young climbers learn new stuff and listen to their experiences and feedback. Reminds me of the years and years I spent climbing old school and then learning a bunch of new stuff in a brief 2-3 year period. These guys can learn at 16 what I didn't learn until I was in my 30s.

I must give it to you guys, most kids your age are still playing x box or eating non stop. You are a rare breed, and you have chosen an even more rare job. Be safe and Think a couple steps ahead and you will do fine.

On a business note, you don't have to be the biggest most equipped outfit, but do great work and you will have people beating your door down.

A lot of kids these days think it is a disgusting thing to get your hands dirty, with anything other than thousand island sauce.

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to voice a little notice to the younger folks on the TH.
RangerDanger and LittleNick, and any others.

I just think it's cool youngsters that young are eager, involved and interested
in arboriculture and Hanging at the TH.

Just like a forest of trees, age class diversisification is important in climbers.

Plenty of old Climbers but I hope there is more of an underclass coming.

Root Beer for you :beerchug: Barq's or AW, whatever you're into.

Thanks guys, i have to give it to all of you though... There is a great group of guys on here that really act like brothers. If i have a question i dont think twice about posting it. You guys also put up with my poor grammar!:lol:

Bodean im still loving your internationals:|::|:

Thanks for this fourm Butch!!! It really is the best one out there!

Last edited:
Why am I feeling like decadent old growth all of a sudden?

I think its cool too. My brain lacked focus at your guy's ages. Learning a trade and a work ethic like you guys are doing will help you greatly in life, no matter what you end up doing.

Yeah, welcome "youngsters"! I started online the same age as ya'll with MB, Erik, Skwerl and others back at arboristsite.

:)

someone please send me a youngster who wants to learn,
now i know why tom smith, (yeah that guy)
called me the last great white hope
i was so on fire to climb and sell jobs,
i now have such A hard time finding good people, you youngsters keep it up, im becoming so disappointed in the younger generation, because they are lazy, and at least i see a few in here thet are like all of us, bitten by the bug at an early age
time to sneak off in my pos

Just found this (thanks to Blinky)!! Great forum you have going Butch, and like Nick said, it's a great place to learn new things!!

[...]
i now have such A hard time finding good people, you youngsters keep it up, im becoming so disappointed in the younger generation, because they are lazy, and at least i see a few in here thet are like all of us, bitten by the bug at an early age
time to sneak off in my pos

It's up to adults to bring our kids along and let them see whether the bug bites. My son never hesitates and always asks when I'll have another job for him to work. He's game to climb and I let him use the 200T at height a couple of months ago.

But if I don't make it a point to keep my kids busy with other stuff, they usually revert to the computer... Facebook and sports forums.
I'm the example on the forum thing, he got into lacrosse forums while I was modding a photography forum... now he's on more than me. My girl just chats with her buddies.

Back