Small Asteriod Narrowly Misses Earth!

Did you see the whacky video North Korea just put out that has the US on fire from one of their missiles? That place is seriously anal. There was hope that the new illustrious leader might want to take a different approach from his constipated father, being somewhat educated in Switzerland, but it is not looking too promising. There is trouble brewing in the entire area. China just put a radar move on a Jap defense force ship in open waters, the kind of thing that normally is targeting before a launch. It didn't go beyond the radar, but such is seen as a provoking act that can bring retaliation. The Jap politicians are currently furrowing their brows about it to make themselves look important. The US doesn't normally back down from their interests in these parts. Things are wound pretty tight.

If an asteroid that size were to enter the earths atmosphere without burning up it could cause some serious damage .

It was claimed the great lakes were caused from an impact of a large asteroid .

Now in the event that one that large would impact the earth using Einstiens theory on energy it's doubtfull any living thing on the surface of the earth could survive .Those that might wouldn't for long .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They say it would level a small city. If we didn't have Jupiter and Saturn to take most of the hits, the Earth wouldn't exist as it is now and humans certainly wouldn't be here.

I think it was around 1910 an asteroid or comet exploded about 5 miles above a portion of Russia and flatten about 800 sq miles of forest .The heat alone caught most of it on fire .That was the largest hit in recorded history and it was assumed to be about the size of a football field and never actually hit the earths surface .

The big space rock in question is like 3 by 5 miles .If only half of it hit the earths surface it would be lights out .

One thing's for sure - the government would never tell us if it was about to happen.

I wonder what new religion would pop up in the aftermath? I mean Islam was founded in the dark ages (ca 540A.D.) after a volcano erupted.

Could we just have a small one take out Washington DC?...I mean while we are wishing for the destruction of our enemies and threats to our well-being....Just a little extra blessing.

One thing's for sure - the government would never tell us if it was about to happen.

I would imagine that if it was impending doom, the general population would likely only know about it after the top government officials were secure in their Washington underground bunkers. Probably a pre-recorded message telling everyone to have faith and courage. Didn't they all go running off somewhere during the 9/ll attacks? i wonder if there are separate bunkers for the different political parties? The republicans probably have the best outfitted, you can shoot clay pigeons and stuff. Six months later they can all come out as heroes, a brief respite before starting to fight with each other again, but at least there wouldn't be an argument about health care.

I found a page here to easier know were to look so I think I get the boy's up on the ridge and have a look.

Anyone else going to interested enough look?

We won't be able to see it on this side of the planet, not w/o a powerful telescope.

Global warming might cause them.:twisted:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ObU7awpJctQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was hoping to go see this 2012DA14 at a planetary here in city, that will not be, but we will try to spot it from here with binoculars.

That's one hella coincidence! However, this big one is still on it's way - scheduled to pass by this afternoon.

Back