Hey Joggers!

I'm trying to get some motivation to use my wife's elliptical machine. I don't think that my knees really need the real-world jogging. They've had a hard life so far, and I will hope to keep them. Its going to be a long, wet winter. Cardiovascular health/ training is easy to overlook when you work as hard as we do. When I have to catch my breath a bit after a 50' ropewalk, I should do some more cardio.

Thanks for putting the jogging thread up. I'd sorta neglected specific CV training, and it goes so far for one's health. Hard to beat the intensity of running for a work out.

Sqwish, your new home looks like it has awesome running possibilites...any trails around?? Trail running can be just absolutely awesome

Plenty of trails to be had, but more on the hillsides, too steep for me. I'll leave most of those to the horse.;)

I run every other morning, usually 7-10k, sometimes more, trails as much as I can.

:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I took Penny the dog on a 6 miler along the beach today after work.
Feels great to run after work, kinda sets it (the body) back into alignment.

I saw bare foot prints running in the sand, then I thought of a hypodermic needle going through my foot.

Anyway.

Keep going.

Justin, seems there are probably some fence line runs, right out the back door.
When I lived in a farm town, I would go out past the houses and run along the fences. Sunsets. etc.

Cary, that's cool you're consistent, it creates reliability.

Running barefoot on asphalt like on a backcountry state road, once the feet and legs are in shape, rocks.

Careful once you start it's hard to stop. I have taken a liking to being able to eat like a horse and still fit in my pants. Running on average 3-5 miles a day

Back