facebook?

It is supposed to open at $ 38.00. It will be interesting to see how it trades for the first couple of days. I will keep an eye on it.

So far the IPO didn't go as good as they thought .Mrs Smith put a bug in my ear but I suspected it would do just about the the same as when UPS went pubic .

Time will tell how many people get on it .

I'd love to short it at $48-50 if it can get that high.

We did not get in. Our broker had us in at 42, never got there. He likes to buy as it goes up. I don't know, kinda glad we did not get in, it only went up .28 cents. Not sure it is a good bet. I mean, what is next. Google did good though.

The confidence in the market is not the same as it was prior to the slide .It will take some time before it recovers .

My wife is on shitbook and showed my a picture of a guy from high school who had passed away to see if I recognized him. Well, someone close to him actually got the body bag unzipped a bit, took and posted a pic of his corpse, and also put up a pic of some distraught children at the scene. Unbelievably poor taste and it reaffirmed my opinion that facebook will never be for me.

Don't judge the many by the few. If facebook didn't exist, some asshole would circulate pics like that by way of some other method.

I still enjoy FB. A person not using FB because someone did something stupid is like someone not driving a car because someone caused an accident.

That wasn't FB's fault, and I'm sure if the FB admins were alerted to that post it woulda been deleted.

My original post said something to the effect of, "reaffirms my opinion that most of society are garbage" but I edited it to be less harsh. I suppose bashing the human race will get less argument than bashing the almighty (face)Book. I guess my problem is with how stupid some facebook users are. Back in the day you had to get drunk in public to show people you were an idiot but now anyone can prove it from anywhere.

One cool group I belong to there is an Enterprise group, my old ship. It's cool seeing all those old and new pics and the comments from old shipmates. I sure wish I'd have thunk up FB!

I am also in a group on facebook for the Army's 10th Mtn Division where I served. It helped connect me to some people that I have not talked to since serving.

Why? Do you have a lot of skeletons in your closet? I enjoy reconnecting with friends that I lost touch with from the service, or school.

Nope, but if you want to make a reconnection, make one. I'm here, even if I'm not on FB.

Also, folks have algorithms that work social media (shared and not share data) that they can predict with a 100% accuracy if someone will have high blood pressure, diabetes, and their sexual orientation (even those in the closet).

Be careful my friends. I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they aren't following me. I'm also mindful that no information is also information.....

Facebook sucks!, but lately it has been getting me work so it sucks a little less. All because I posted a picture of a log and my mini.

Back