Another ugly stump

I never cease to be amazed at what some people will put on the web saying they know what they are doing!

you guys always think you know so much... you gotta open your mind if you're gonna learn something new... You have no idea how good sawdust between your toes feels until you've dropped a few trees in flip flops.

Boulder Colorado......home of most of the world's tree-huggers. Amazing what's going on there. Mountain bikers (pedal type bikes) are flocking to the place. No motors...no noise...but the idiots who live in Boulder seem to think these bicycle riders are destroying the planet, so what to do they do? They cut down trees to block the trails. They also string wire across the trails in an attempt to injure or kill the riders who are killing the earth. Several riders have been seriously injured. At least one rider died when he was decapitated by a cable strung across the trail, attached to trees on either side.

Joel

There are some real whackos out there Joel and it sounds like Colorado's got more than it's fair share. We've even got a handful that have moved into our county, where the main industry has traditionally been commercial fishing and logging. As you can imagine, they haven't been well received, but that hasn't deterred them. They've been successful in posting huge areas of the islands as bird nesting areas, prohibiting human access. Personally, I don't pay any attention to their signs, I've been walking and fishing those areas for many years and don't intend to stop anytime soon. We've got to stand up to these nuts or they will soon be running the country. Whoops, too late.

I've thought about the wire thing.
2,8 mm dyneema throw line should work real fine if one dyed it black.
Seems a bit un-sporting though.
I think I'll save it for when I get too old to knock them off their bikes by hand.

They used to complain about dirt bike motorcycles, now it's bicycles, eh. Next will be walking, no telling what people are stepping on, probably at least millions of something alive with every step. People with big feet are the worst.

Back