Tree felling vids

How bout the little 4" stub he grabbed while still cutting it, that was a little scary.

I move that fast. Whats wrong with that? I stay connected twice when I cut, and don't stick my fingers that close to my chain. My saw work is definitely cleaner too. But whats the issue with moving quickly and banging out the work? Should he relax and stretch the job out a little? They were simple removals. No reason not to have a trail of smoke rolling off his gaffs.

I would be curious to see how that cat does in tight quarters or with some tedious rigging involved. To me, what I saw was little more then line clearance style tree work. But he moved like the wind, moved with confidence, and didn't sit and spend 3 hours fiddling with $1300 worth of "this will make me a better climber" sort of toys, to shave 2 seconds off of his ascent time, or help himself think he wasn't afraid of heights. I liked his style. Same as my own. I just tend to be much safer. I thought he was going to trim his finger nails at one point....

No need to ever move that fast, unless you see a storm approaching.

I'm thinking he was hamming for the camera.

I just tend to be much safer.

There ya go. He wasn't being safe, on several occasions.

Dude had a couple 5 hour Energy shots. I like to drag it out most of the time. Trees are so nice to hang out in- I Hate talking to people on the ground, friggen neighbor, homeowner, anybody really. Cool video, interesting way to work, I take it it's an old video... I know I've seen it before.

My goal when I leave the ground is to get back on it ASAP, but I move as fast as it's safe to move.

:thumbup:

I like to hang out a bit as well... if the tree is healthy :lol:

I have barber poled pines with just the cable core locked and my climb line at the ready but not attached. Granted, I don't cut near it... I prefer to have my climb line set above me prior to getting in the tree, but the smallish ones... meh... get er done. If I need the climb line or positioning, it's ready... If I don't feel I can make the cut safely with out it.. hook up.

Cool video though.

Here's some work I did from two Saturdays ago.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/es9sSVTj0BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back