Tree felling vids

Well I do it once in a while in certain situations. But for that spar in the vid?? That's a road crusher no matter what.

Remember that vid a while back, they fell a spar and it hit a log on the ground and made it shoot across the street, it hit someone and more or less cut em in half.

I like your concept, just not sure it works in most cases re tree work.

I prefer a big bunch of leafy limbs than logs.
That gives a real cushion but it's rarely practical. Either the limbs are already chipped ( you can't ask the crew to delay the clean up until the last hour !) or I have to stack them by hand (I don't have a loader).
I use often the cross logs, but I got many times some pretty good divots in the grass, as Cory said. When the trunk hits, it's a hard hit, no matter what, the energy has to go somewhere. Engineering the stack like a multi layers bridge should work fine if done well, keeping room in between to give way, folding/breaking the logs to absorb the energy. Actually, it's a very good way to make air born logs flying around. Last one, I did a divot in a fence wall with that! Shitty roughcast, but still.

I tried too the firewood logs well stacked, not very successful : it spited logs over 10' around and the first level of logs was incorporated into the ground ...
The big bunch of logs, not stacked but in bulk, works well though, say 2 or 3 cubic yards. But it has a downside : the trunk likes to roll down the logs pile. It can be annoying.

That guy and his foot push...and under the leaning stump, and getting his order of cuts back to front on the stump release, and no PPE, and the dude swaggering about with no PPE and a fag in his mouth...oh so professional

I didn't see too much to scare the horses if I'm honest.

Stick a video on all of us and you'll see peeps pissing behind sheds, looking gormless etc.

Most people edit them out for the hero bits, this guy couldn't though.

Speak for yourself. But if someone had to go on my crew they pissed in the chip box not on the corner of the custys garage. My crew would've been full PPE , radio comms, plethora of sharp saws and highly skilled cutting ability.

And neatly dressed!
I tell the apprentices that when we work in the woods, they can be as scruffy looking as they feel like, but when we do arb work in somone's yard, they will damned well be dressed in the "uniform" we provide, and it will be clean.

The "uniform" is simply Arbor wear clothes.
Calling it a company uniform makes it a tax write off, which work clothes normally aren't.

August...you are gonna have a hard time besting this. Burnham, you're just gonna love it.:D

I didn't know you could stand on a ladder with a chainsaw and kick a tree at the same time. These guys are priceless.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AA1eLDThVXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think its almost hard to f up music. Ya know, put random music to a given vid, it usually makes it light up some. But that stuff, it detracted.

The wedge frisbee!
goes with dropping your saw through your stub-cut-off so the stub hits the top of the chain, launched away from an obstacle below. 2 hands possibly. Fast cutting.

Back