Tree felling vids

Nice job. Not sure of the logic of putting wedges in the cracks. Straps to take the weight off them, for sure. & wedges down the straps to tighten them even more - for sure. I just cannot see how increasing the internal tension helps.

I did not want the straps to collapse the split! So, it was wedged to maintain & stabilize the shape as much as possible, while the back cut was done.

Here's a Saturday afternoon job I did a couple weeks ago. A bit long, but it shows what I did to get 'em on the ground.....

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4cvNNNlurRo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yesterdays big nasty! Sorry, no media of before or during the work, only of the stick dropping. Text is embedded in the video

View in HD!

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yruc7rGI81w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well done in a tight spot Randy... Especially with the crew at hand..
Was the maple frozen ? Looked like it was stiff cutting.

Thanks. :)
The chain could use a touch up with the file, rakers too. It was stiff cuttin', I find Sugar maple harder than some..... ;)
What would you call that?, redneck ground crew..... :thumbup::lol:

I feel lucky I have a crew that I always work with. Especially when I see how much running around in a tree you have to do with some inexperienced hands. :lol:
Traction! More sand! :lol:

Randy, Yesssa! Par for the course, very impressive, you are a true soldier of the trees.

Nice lay Rog, right on the money.

Good work Randy:thumbup:

Yeah Rog, whats with the yellin mate ? did you join in with that too, just for the hell of it? couldn't hear you!

No yelling here, use HD setting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6zNnRfWwPOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice Rodger!

why was everyone yellin at end? :/:
Because the truck providing the pull was only about 10-15 feet away from where the tree would fall. Noisy diesel truck running, and Ryan was manning the camera. Wanted to make double sure Trevor drove forward as it was falling, even though there was nearly no chance my measurement of where it would land was off.

Because the truck providing the pull was only about 10-15 feet away from where the tree would fall. Noisy diesel truck running, and Ryan was manning the camera. Wanted to make double sure Trevor drove forward as it was falling, even though there was nearly no chance my measurement of where it would land was off.

sounds good RB :thumbup:

Thanks guys. :)
Nicely done Rodger and Reg.
Hey Reg, is any of that Cedar going to the mill?
Just curious, seems like it would have a "fair" amount of lumber in it.

Thanks guys. :)
Nicely done Rodger and Reg.
Hey Reg, is any of that Cedar going to the mill?
Just curious, seems like it would have a "fair" amount of lumber in it.

They may be able to bring a portable mill to it, otherwise I think it'd be too much trouble to get that log out in a decent length. They built that house though, and don't seem the wasteful type, so hopefully.

They may be able to bring a portable mill to it, otherwise I think it'd be too much trouble to get that log out in a decent length. They built that house though, and don't seem the wasteful type, so hopefully.

:thumbup::)
Would hate to see all that Cedar go to "waste"..... ;)

Back