Tree felling vids

Guilty Pleasure..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4jGy-rBfc_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Europeans are going to go crazy of the foot push on the stump cut... I couldn't help but post it

I've done the same.

Did that window stay intact? I was waiting to see that part... I'd use a rope to pull it away from the window.

The foot technique keeps one away from the exhaust/ dust/ dirt in the air. So does an idling blower chocked in place a tiny bit on the ground. Cools you down to have some wind, too.

I don't have opposable thumbs on my feet yet. Kick back is one hell of a drug. Or at least it can get you some from a doctor.

I don't like the foot pushing but what scared me is that he sat under the heavy lean of a hollowed/decayed trunk, cutting it !

I would be very concerned to let him drive the Tree Mek !
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_XObT6cOovc?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The f'g shit people do with expensive, beautiful equipment.

I've done the same thing with a crane, only not so big and the hinge was a slab of beef. The operator would just lay it over...

All different angles involved of course. And smaller as you say- that thing was enormous.

He should hold it by the back instead of by the front. I don't know if the rotator and the grapple can handle such a load, but at least they would take it in the right way, not forced upside down. These rotators are designed to sustain only an axial load and are mounted with a dandling joint. The driver put it in abutment on the side while the trunk wanted to move farther with some authority, tearing out the rotator.
Wrecking grapples are way more sturdy and designed for that, but I guess they are a bit more expensive.

I've never understood the logs-to-protect-the-street thing. Either no logs and divot the street with the spar, or divot the street with the cross logs?? Either way, divots.

You have logs of different diameters and with irregularities etc, one or two usually take all the force instead of a bunch of them taking it. If they were all basically uniform you'd be in bidness.

You can crib under the pad logs too, the large flat surface really spreads the force out so it lowers the psi even more. Made me look smarter than i am once or twice :)

Back