Tree felling vids

Here's a fun tree vid by Gartenwulf…
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fk9izzv-fcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, its German, what do you expect?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7AlEvy0fJto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152006775183513" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152006775183513">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/UncleRice">Ben Hallinan</a>.</div></div>

Cant embed it but if you click the Post link you can view it now.

Yes, because you're friends with me on fb. I'll try to get it on YouTube at some point.

I can only view yours if I'm logged in. You have to change the settings to public.

A friend of mine sold this fir removal to a client on the strength that he would rig everything down over here natural rockery....which to be fair housed probably a dozen shrubs that she and her lawyer husband had planted. Some collateral of the shrubs was anticipated though, and for all practical sense and purpose deemed acceptable by all parties. The lady was so excited that she nipped out in her Mercedes to collect her kid from his friends (much to his disgust) so that they could watch the very exciting and technical tree removal together. Anyway, the plan quickly changed just as soon as she took off. I helped with the clean up until his crew arrived, but was otherwise glad not to be involved with restoring diplomatic relations with the client thereafter. Use HD setting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AEniMupAtoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hardly any. But she was mad anyway. He was actually genuine about the rigging down part before hand....until we walked next door an saw how committed the top was.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QwxgDF3MZEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10001231_515227828586292_11080586_o.jpg

It was, indeed, a scary, big, dead Oak (44"). One other thing I did, that wasn't SOP, was to keep a second saw idling, in case the primary saw quit while making the felling cut. Fortunately, it wasn't necessary.

Cool! The last one I felled like that was twice as big at the base and was too rotten to set an underbed. It had a good lean to it, so me and another guy both started the cut on each side. Boom!

Nice box cut face Jack!

Pretty savvy since it looked like one side of the hinge did its job.

Very nice. The ole straps n boxcut trick!

Jomo

A box cut's used on hollow trees to hold onto the stump as long as possible before the hinge lets go.

A less acute angle on the face allows it to bend farther without snapping.

Atleast that's how an old third generation pro logger explained, and demonstrated it to me.

Jomo

Back