Tree felling vids

Some new stuff here and there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHZkR6UVegY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The scene at 2:30 is exactly why I refuse to cut anything if three guys are pulling on the tag line. It is also why I never put a tag line in anything any more (unless I can set it, make the cut, then go pull it over myself).

The scene at 2:30 is exactly why I refuse to cut anything if three guys are pulling on the tag line. It is also why I never put a tag line in anything any more (unless I can set it, make the cut, then go pull it over myself).

even from the bucket????

I make the notch and back cut.. move out of the way, then call for the pull... with a machine on the other end of the rope

That clip was discussed before I think. From memory someone knew who it was, apparently it was a leaning tree and they used a rediculous amount of force to pull it in the opposite direction so the top could be felled out.
Pretty damn retarded move from the climber and was only ever going to end in pain.

That clip was discussed before I think. From memory someone knew who it was, apparently it was a leaning tree and they used a rediculous amount of force to pull it in the opposite direction so the top could be felled out.
Pretty damn retarded move from the climber and was only ever going to end in pain.

They could have put some moderate pre-tension on the line, so the top wouldn;t sit back on the cut, then let the climber make the notch and back cut and get ready for a ride, maybe come down a few feet and stand off to the high side, and get ready for the ride... the call for the pull...

when set up like that the top is going to go over a little slower, though there is still going to be some whiplash going on... just didn't have to be so bad. looked really bad to have a running saw so close to his gut as he was getting thrown forward towards it.... Gotta say.... the nice thing about a bucket is "taking a ride" isn't even a consideration in rigging..

Looked like an imcomplete cut with no facecut, as he was getting thrown, he quit cutting. The top started to peel, and pull harder on the trunk. Way too much pretension. A wedge and pounder would have probably saved the day over involving idiots. That would have taken having a wedge in the truck, which many rookies don't have.

A chain , or actually two, would have saved the day, no matter how hard the pull was or how many idiotic rookies were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Just saying.

How so?????

The top was spring loaded and then cut.... if the cut had been made before the pull, he could have been ready with stable body position and the saw away, and it probably wouldn't have taken as mush pull to gt the top over...

you can bind above and below the cut to keep the trunk from splitting.. but that's not going to effect the spring load in a scenario like that...
I had a cut yesterday from the bucket up top of a 100 ash... lotta run before it caught the rope... told the groundie to take three wraps and stand back...

glad I wasn;t taking a ride with that tree.... it splashed hard against the trunk

lucky bugger, maybe he'll realize there was a better way

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back