Tree felling vids

16" on my 200T forever... Doubt I would do it any other way.

Low stump just for Stig...... :D
Twin pondo...

Attachments

• 20150328_105558ed.jpg
    20150328_105558ed.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20150328_105544ed.jpg
    20150328_105544ed.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 57
I think I would fall asleep waiting for an 020 to cut with a 16" buried in timber. I port mine to run a 14" - but then again I'm part of the small bar Mafia :lol:

Factory 020/200 is so close to optimized already. Saying you port to run a 14" bar is showing clinical tendencies of perfectionism. . . I like that 8-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to get the road view of this fell. Twin ponderosa 180* out of lean.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bPrIxXgeW4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not all that exciting but hey....

I challenge anyone who thinks their man enough to run my short 16" bar 40HP Yamaha bikesaw for 3 cuts.......:lol:

View attachment 60349

View attachment 60350

Who is that running the saw? Wouldn't you want some more heavy duty hearing protection?

That's me running that saw and I got earplugs pushed all the way in.:D

I built that saw with my own hands 32 years ago and it still runs perfect today.....only it's been on a long retirement as a shelf queen for a while now. But do plan to take it on the road again. The pic above is taken in the in the warmup staging area. I don't have a pic on hand of the actual race I had a few minutes later against a Honda CR 125.
But I went on to win with my YZ125 saw on stage in the same size 10"x10" spruce timber with a time of 3.80 seconds for 3 cuts time included with hands on the log on the word "Go" and then starting the saw. 1 cut down 1 up 1 down. Approximately 100 square inchs per second per cut in the wood.
I'll try and dig some other old pics out what my first wife never got a hold of:lol:

Nice Thump on that Pondo!

Speaking of basic rope entry. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SSeJQBMzMDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cool vid Aug, those guys killed it!!!

could you imagine if they were your Ground crew................;) ;)

Wow.

I think I should get some speakers and try pumping out that music at the job site... See what it does for our production.

Decidedly no drug users on the job sites, that's how we can work. Maybe a little sake now and then. :D

The fire fighters have competitions, and very prestigious to win. I see them out there at the station practicing all the time, shouting and stuff. When not practicing, then studying is what I hear. :|: A strange country.

Looks like a lot of tree...how did you get that moving? What was pulling the rope?

9/16ths line redirected out of the LZ through a pulley to a 2:1 system on a Maasdam continuous puller. You can see Rob up in upper part above the LZ ratcheting. It was at least 15* out from plumb. We also left the smaller stem on it to help with the weight as it was leaning to our favour for the LZ. I was able to cut low below the codom and hitch the line to the back stem. Wedges for back up and added help if necessary.
August, if you wanna hear a cool sound, check out the other angle on the FB page https://www.facebook.com/stephen.cole.50999 Making Noise In Midpines vid.

9/16ths line redirected out of the LZ through a pulley to a 2:1 system on a Maasdam continuous puller. You can see Rob up in upper part above the LZ ratcheting. It was at least 15* out from plumb. We also left the smaller stem on it to help with the weight as it was leaning to our favour for the LZ. I was able to cut low below the codom and hitch the line to the back stem. Wedges for back up and added help if necessary.
August, if you wanna hear a cool sound, check out the other angle on the FB page https://www.facebook.com/stephen.cole.50999 Making Noise In Midpines vid.

Great explanation. Perfectly clear. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is for Nick, NIckfromWI. He wanted to see how the little chipper kept up with a small production, Here ya go Nick!
A boring little dismantle video of a crispy little pine tree.
Please excuse the little bit of one handing and bloopers...
My first attempt with the GoPro..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BNoorTtbkFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's me running that saw and I got earplugs pushed all the way in.:D

I built that saw with my own hands 32 years ago and it still runs perfect today.....only it's been on a long retirement as a shelf queen for a while now. But do plan to take it on the road again. The pic above is taken in the in the warmup staging area. I don't have a pic on hand of the actual race I had a few minutes later against a Honda CR 125.
But I went on to win with my YZ125 saw on stage in the same size 10"x10" spruce timber with a time of 3.80 seconds for 3 cuts time included with hands on the log on the word "Go" and then starting the saw. 1 cut down 1 up 1 down. Approximately 100 square inchs per second per cut in the wood.
I'll try and dig some other old pics out what my first wife never got a hold of:lol:

That's a good pic. I can imagine the volume by looking at those people in the stands. I'd have to wear earplugs AND earmuffs! Three cuts in 4 secs, including starting the saw?! Wow, impressive! What's the current record, and do you have any video links?

I like the uninterrupted video, I get to see everything that's being done.:thumbup::)
You looked like you were in a pretty good "rythm" working that tree, until you dropped the limb.....;)
That little chipper is impressive keeping up with what you were doing. :thumbup:

Well done.

That's a good pic. I can imagine the volume by looking at those people in the stands. I'd have to wear earplugs AND earmuffs! Three cuts in 4 secs, including starting the saw?! Wow, impressive! What's the current record, and do you have any video links?
Thanks, my brother has some good videos but their the old VCR tape format. We just have to figure out getting them on a disc and possibly get them on you tube some how. Don't know if thats possible.
Records vary with wood species, moisture content , growth ring spacing. Only until the day a man made log can be used would be the day consistent elapsed times can be established.
For my under 4 second elapsed time the spruce timber was milled from a wide spaced growth ring oversized white spruce log , felled and milled the previous day. Soft wet fresh wood .

This is for Nick, NIckfromWI. He wanted to see how the little chipper kept up with a small production, Here ya go Nick!
A boring little dismantle video of a crispy little pine tree.
Please excuse the little bit of one handing and bloopers...
My first attempt with the GoPro..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BNoorTtbkFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That big yard was just begging to have that crispy critter dumped on to it.

Looking forward to more vids form you cursedvoyce, with the new go pro :thumbup:
I've learn a lot from your in put here!!

Jim...here is one kind of long AND edited...if you haven't seen this one give it a go....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2qXjn-x8BbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back