Atkins Diet

Before.. Fast was to clean me out. No mo drugs, cigs etc...
Then after a recoup period and put some weight back on, I believe we used atkins... no mixy starch and protein etc.......
And it was a juice fast... 16 oz per day .. but it was rough man

Hell, that's my middle name! Butch Hell Of A Caloric Intake Ballowe!
eat.gif

That must happen after breakfast.....I've never heard of anyone getting a case of the gout from too many tuna melts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dunno about this diet, I must be doing something wrong - I still ain't in ketosis, and I should well fricking be.

Carl, did your parents test themselves with that piss on the stick thing? Did they have trouble reaching ketosis?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, whiskey and water in the evening, a 'lil over a half pint. What I've read about that is instead of burning fat, during that period your body is burning the alcohol instead. So, all that does is stop you from losing any lbs while you're drinking. I didn't read that is stopped you from going into ketosis.

But hey, it's gotta be something and that could very well be it. I had better weight loss results when I went on a diet of fish and chicken breasts. I think I'm gonna give it another go.

Well just why do you think you are over weight ? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps a period of inactivey after your injury could account for some weight gain . Just a thought .

MB you r going ketonic ? yes ?
Better get some breath mints .
Stay in ketosis for 5 days only you will lose all the weight and it will only be fat.
Just keep plenty of strips around because as soon as u r non ketonic your body will grab fat and hold it.
Its tricky coming of the diet you just gotta bump up the excersise and train your body to burn fat.
Lots of high intensity work.

MB to go ketonic only take 36 hours at most.
NO CARBS AT ALL>
when your breath smells like shit your are literally shedding fat so fast you will get to your goal in a week.
Staying in ketosis sux though.

Paul, FWIW, My wife's Doc is very much into diet and the holistic approach to wellness (and he happens to be thet only person to do anything remotely significant to help Cathy's health EVER.). He is very opposed to soy except in limited ammounts of fermented soy products. His reasons are that A. Soy is high in protein but it is incomplete protein lacking certain essential aminop acids and B. it tends to mimic certain hormones and can wreak havoc on thyroid levels.Since Cathy has endocrine issues soy is utterly verboten.. Doc is rather perturbed that soy is touted so heavily for "healthy" eating but it is actually making some people sick.

I've heard similar, though not so drastic a warning....

I dropped most soy products from my diet a few years ago.

I don't think much of milk as a whole being good for you, but whey protein surely is.

I think the best way to lose weight is to eat a normal diet, only less....and work out, work out, work out....

That diet should include zero (or nearly so) refined carbs, few if any simple sugars, or bad fats like transfatty acids.....easy on the carbs, but make them complex---as in real whole grain foods...for instance, not cheap whole wheat bread, which is mostly just white bread with color added---sprouted grains are even better...

Back