Atkins Diet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just had a nice plate of chicken breast, sausage, and hamburger with cheese.

MB, ever had Edamame (Costco here carries a snack size carton)? Spicy Agadashi (tofu prepped up at the sushi place)? not sure if they fit the Atkins but if they do they are some tasty eats!

Edamame is a soy bean product, agadashi is a tofu dish, sometimes served with a spicy hot sauce, I can get them at the local sushi joint and I can also get the Edamame from Costco, both foods I assume are relatively health conscious and possibly alternative foods for our new eating regime.

Paul, FWIW, My wife's Doc is very much into diet and the holistic approach to wellness (and he happens to be thet only person to do anything remotely significant to help Cathy's health EVER.). He is very opposed to soy except in limited ammounts of fermented soy products. His reasons are that A. Soy is high in protein but it is incomplete protein lacking certain essential aminop acids and B. it tends to mimic certain hormones and can wreak havoc on thyroid levels.Since Cathy has endocrine issues soy is utterly verboten.. Doc is rather perturbed that soy is touted so heavily for "healthy" eating but it is actually making some people sick.

We used to grow soybeans here, man did it make a stink you would never forget when it got wet! Blech! I can understand somebody with lactose problems drinking soy milk, but here on the ole' dairy farm, it's verboten.

Didn't Atkins die from the Atkins diet?
I've been wrong before.

As long as I keep my fire roaring I can burn anything.

I waiting for this shift in metabolism during your thirties.

We used to grow soybeans here, man did it make a stink you would never forget when it got wet! Blech! I can understand somebody with lactose problems drinking soy milk, but here on the ole' dairy farm, it's verboten.

I live near a big hog farm, when the wind blows my way, I'd gladly exchange that for a field of soybeans. Those pigs stink to high heaven.

Didn't Atkins die from the Atkins diet?
I've been wrong before.

As long as I keep my fire roaring I can burn anything.

I waiting for this shift in metabolism during your thirties.

That's another Urban Myth, he slipped & hit his head on the sidewalk. He died from a bloodclot caused by that.

As for his diet, forget it! :twak:

As The KitchenScienceVixen knows, wholegrain & cereal and protein shakes are the way to go. :P

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BW8jxrYWBCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BW8jxrYWBCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gSktDG1xMLI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gSktDG1xMLI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I need tobuy some of those piss strips today. I should be hitting ketosos anytime now.

The wrong ones at the wrong time always will.

Morning, pre-workout, post-work out you can take in your simple carbs, but other times of the day you must eat complex carbs to keep your blood sugar stable, and your insulin will follow. This will keep you anabolic and the fat will come off. Problem is as soon as you hit a beer, some chis, candy, Coke, whatever, your insulin spikes, you go catabolic, your body stores the calories and you put the weight on.

Whole wheat, brown rice! ;)

Right on the money, I could not have said it better myself. Like Jeff said, Stick to carbs LOW on the GI index through out the day, except for morning, pre/post workout

Jeff, do you like sweet potato's?

Of course Jeff likes sweet potatoes. He is a manly member of the Coast Guard-He yam what he yam.

Of course Jeff likes sweet potatoes. He is a manly member of the Coast Guard-He yam what he yam.

Oh Justin.....

Did you think it was so funny that you needed to post it twice?:P

--but does the dog wag the tail or the tail wag the dog ?:?

A long tailed canine does wag his tail but a short tailed dog wags his whole ass or is it the stubby tail has more power than the long tail ?

Here we go, a 'lil chicken breast, sausage and hamburger meat!
7_2_103v.gif

Attachments

• meat010 (Large).jpg
    meat010 (Large).jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 16
Back