How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 181K
Dave, there are two cores in cherry bomb. The second core gets pulled at Mark 2 of the first core and before the final bury it gets marked, cut at the mark, and then you taper the 3 strands, after which when you bury them they should disappear.

Hey Peter, I was doing a tight eye splice this afternoon and white I was pushing the fid through the core I noticed the 3 strands that run down the center, so I did what you suggested, after I pulled the tapered sheath in I cut the 3 strands at 4" intervals from the crossover and the sheath just slid down like it was greased up. It literally blew me away how smooth the eye formed. I believe I've got this rope mastered. Now, I've got a 98' SRT line and a 35' Traversing line for my Unicender and my zigzag, so I'm thinking I have all the setups completed. Now I've got a few rigging lines to splice, then I won't have any excuses to stay on the ground. I cut up almost 70% of an Elm down the road from my home today, should get it cut down tomorrow, it's got 6 aerial cables running through the darn thing. What a nightmare!
I think I'll have to start using my Mac Pro to upload pics on this site. The iPhone 6 is a real pain in the Bum! I'll get it figured out though! Time to walk the dog. Talk real soon!

I'll give TapaTalk a shot and see what happens!

Thanks Sgriff, it's not like I'm not tech savvy, but this forum has its challenges when you want to show off your skill set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 76
Some of my splices!

Hey Fellow Splicers and Arborists, I'm on an experimental mission to upload my pics! Here we go, wish me luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 77
Hey Fellow Splicers and Arborists, I'm on an experimental mission to upload my pics! Here we go, wish me luck.

I don't know if this pulley is meant for this application man. Pretty sure the Pinto is the only one you can splice onto a line like this because of the their hot forged rounded edges.

A buddy of mine wanted some light duty rigging loops so I made some up in between innings of my boys baseball game. I'm waiting to finish them until I hear back from him on how he likes them.... Taped, burned, natural, etc.

e9cc9844060e674cb29f07dace59fe13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wanted to post this on the 3 strand thread so Chris could see. I think he's the pres of the 3 strand fan club.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I got a 600 foot spool of that from Treestuff last year. It was $70 or something. I've had some fun with that stuff so far. Beat the snot out of some too. Surprisingly tough and strong for 3/8 soft lay.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

When splicing slings with three strand what would you guys pefer, loops or eye splices? I've done a bunch of different length large eye chokers. I'm thinking about doing some more at the moment because there are six extra kids at my house and it's pouring rain outside. Trying not to go nuts

Back