Happy Father's Day

Hey, Swing ... just noticed your new avatar ... love it. Great picture ... cute kid ... ya gotta be proud!!! ;)

Oh yeah ... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY :)

... TO ALL US FATHERS :D

Swingdude...I had to blow that up to realize what it is...very nice picture. What wood is that?

The color makes me think of red cedar...my son and I took some down recently, first one I have ever cut. Smells wonderful and the wood looks nice, too.

Return Happy Farther's Day to all the wonderful fathers out there including you Jack who risk there lives each day to make provision and shelter for their loved ones. Hope for safety and many more days like this one. Enjoy Dads. Here is one pic with my second wife and son Sam, and one of my nineteen year old daughter from the ex-wife. IMG03256-20120425-1735.jpg IMG03257-20120425-1735.jpg

Swingdude...I had to blow that up to realize what it is...very nice picture. What wood is that?

The color makes me think of red cedar...my son and I took some down recently, first one I have ever cut. Smells wonderful and the wood looks nice, too.

Hey gary that's Mahogany it's a light color when cut but after two days it get's very red. Here is a little pile of it, carvers and artist's clean it up and use it. It was brought to the caribbean to make furniture in the 1600's. There is still lots of it here. This is going to be chipped for my garden. Here is a fine specimen of the tree and some other photos. IMG04055-20120617-1509.jpg IMG04061-20120617-1616.jpg IMG04064-20120617-1618.jpg . That piece that my son is on weighs about ten lbs. Heavy wood indeed. Very hard and pest resilient.

Mahogany is a supreme wood for furniture making. When they ran out of Cuban, Honduras Mahogany became the one commonly used. I have a lot of experience with the Honduran, myself. I'm wondering if what you have in Barbados is the same as Cuban? The photo shows a very rich color and seeming hardness. I would say very desirable wood indeed for woodworking.

Never used Cuban, and have only seen a small bit of it, but it is regarded as the best. Well documented in the history of furniture making in Great Britain, however. It's all different from Philippine Mahogany or Luan, not a very good material.

I got mine when every one finally got outta bed :)

Attachments

• 2012-06-17 09.37.59.jpg
    2012-06-17 09.37.59.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 23
Natalie made this for me. It's says "Daddy, Natalie, Emma". That's me in the middle holding both of their hands. Like many of you, I'm the luckiest man alive.
IMAG0534.jpg

Had a cook out for both sides of the family so no relaxation here but we had a good time. I'm gonna put the heathens to bed and relax with the wife soon

All star baseball, then church, feed store and home for tacos with friends. Great day

Back