milling thread

Rob and I are sort of running diffy ways these days. We continue to be business partners and he participates in some tree jobs. I am slowly moving him into and selling him as milling to clients. Once I get the loader I want, he will be milling more than tree work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice slabs. I'm thinking I'll make some oak slab work benches in the shop with the smaller ones!

Hello. I was looking for a wood working thread to show off my rad new bench.....just gotta stain the side table/leg rest......

Just being goofy.

32a494d2bb831172f39263ad9ed4de30.jpg

Cypress block with milled street cherry tree slabs.
The steel is from that tree I did when I cut them off the magnolia in chinatown.

Gonna stain more, It's outdoor furniture anyway.

I have quite the slab collection going....Ton of redwood.

Back on topic, There is a good sized pile of redwood logs in the park from a failed tree.

I'd have to upgrade to the 395 to tackle it....It's right on the road too.

Right?!

Except I'm as dumb as a rock with Carpentry or woodworking. My dad was a roofer. More brawn than brain.

Most important thing is it's fun and I like doing it. :) Plus, when party time comes, more seats for guests.

A little table I made for some in-laws for Christmas.

Used aluminum legs and router ed the recess...how do you treat aluminum legs? Paint them or stain?
6483c3d63f1a7410830100131102018f.jpg

I have oak (rare, here) to mill. No projects in mind.

Should I go for 8' or longer? 3" thick or different?

Thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
20170308_142040.jpg 20170308_151434.jpg

Milled up some cribbing a week or so back. Now I gotta get a beam saw

What is the deal with two sizes of power heads on a double-edged bar? I have an MS 660 and MS 460... Can I run them together without any special considerations?

Back