milling thread

Haha, I'm a husky guy at heart. That said the boss bought the new 661cm and I think I have a creamsicle crush

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
😂😃haha, I used to like Deva, now I see he's flawed!
Cream sickle crush, funny stuff

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Husky only made five good saws.....346. 372. 394. 395. 3120.

Stihl has made the best climber saw 020 on the planet and the 044 and 66's.

Jameson sure helps with this saw talk.

Willie. We gotta go fishing.

066 was awesome, but no spring suspension and no air injection. Deal killers for me. Now, 25 years later, Stihl has it. Took them long enough.

Like John Deere and the rotary combine. Didn't want to admit somebody else had a better idea for a long long time. They came up with a different name for the same thing.

Husky filters could go a long time before cleaning.

😝😝😝

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Idk about my game but if I can't laugh at myself I wouldn't laugh much at all! 😉

Like John Deere and the rotary combine. Didn't want to admit somebody else had a better idea for a long long time. They came up with a different name for the same thing.

Husky filters could go a long time before cleaning.

And now they act like they invented the quad trak. CIH didn't either, CAT did it in the sixties.

I think Gary or someone wanted to see how the sugar pine mills out for my floors. This wood was milled last year. The logs I brought home recent will get milled soon and get stickers and dried for next year. I started laying out the floor today. Just planking it and then filling the gaps. Basically, no joints to tear apart ad kids and animals ruin floors pretty much. Might as well make it easy to replace. I'll keep taking pictures as we progress with descriptions of how it goes down. I will screw these down tomorrow as I tap them together and probably get them sanded at least. Grain should show up better after I start putting finish on them.

Attachments

• tmp_18780-20170422_193524-1962425845.jpg
    tmp_18780-20170422_193524-1962425845.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 36
  • tmp_18780-20170422_193540-757344792.jpg
    tmp_18780-20170422_193540-757344792.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 36
Mill in action on some ponderosa today making some 1X8. People just drop off a cut list and wham....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6-rTNi-OYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do you have/ are you considering the slabber attachement?

A local guy I found through CL has a 50" slabber. I'm going to have to find some storage space.

Ours is up to 8x8, 19'6" long i believe. Height, at least 4' probably more. I think rob has done over 50" in it. I doubt I would want to run it higher than that. Posts are way taller though. It would be a comfort and stability issue.
Rob is 6 foot if that gives you any idea. You can buy bigger, it's only money :lol:

We can only sell labor currently. I am going after my LTO next month so I can permit the trees and then we are able to mill and sell the wood with out issue. About double our money in some cases. Rob charges out 50-75 per depending if he has someone pulling and stacking or not. A lot of people only want small cut lists and cringe at the hourly. The hourly is cheap by comparison of small amounts of boards. But, small amounts of boards is profitable if they are stacked and stickered, ready to roll if someone just needs a few.

Yep, Stephen...I was wondering how that would look...thanks for showing. Very nice when something that nice is what you did yourself...and the wood didn't go to a burn pile somewhere.

photo.JPG

Not really milling but I took some 4X4's that were milled by Stephen and Rob and resawed them to make this half finished desk. The goop on the top is me filling some knotholes up with epoxy. I tore the meniscus in my right knee a while back and I'm getting jel injections in them now. So work on projects has slowed considerably.

Back