milling thread

How that winch working out?

Does it mill slower when "square" to the log, rather than having the mill at an angle to the log?

How that winch working out?

Does it mill slower when "square" to the log, rather than having the mill at an angle to the log?

You can still pivot the mill around for best cutting angles. I like the winch. I will operate it without the catch on, so I can back it off when the saw gets bogged. But if I have to spit or wipe my face I flip the catch and can still pull into the cut one handed.

Oh, crap, I think I misread your question. Yes, I find it faster with the bar on an angle than straight, with a ripping chain.

Edit: I now carry a paint brush to brush off the fuel/ bar oil cap when refilling and carb cleaner, my 066 redlight filter gets plugged up in 15 or so minutes, need to upgrade that somehow. I was also thinking of making the chip deflector a bit wider and longer.

I also put some nylon rollers on the bolts that clamp the bar, just incase the chain gets too loose, I did have one bolt get cut off on another job, somehow I bumbled enough to sharpen the chain and used it on the walnut. :O

I have a green bag milling tool bag, contains a can of carb cleaner, wedges, claw hammer, nails for the winch line, tupperware with extra chains soaking in oil, tape measure, old paint brush to wipe sawdust off filler caps, chainsaw multitool, 9/16 socket, ratchet and extension for the mill, extra gloves, nails, bolts and rollers for the mill, fuel has a quick fill shut off spout and the oil side has a modified spout that had some threads that happen to fit oil bottle caps, for quicker refills, and no dust down the spouts. Snow brush for showing custys the grain.

My 066 red light, with me working it, uses 1L of mix per hour.

I need to get a better filter set up, it uses the same as a 064, seems to plug up after one 8ft pass.

20180131_084501.jpg

Got to keep a board from a milling job. Maple, 24 wide 8.5 ft long. Got a crappy trailer, going to renovate it to a solar/ dehumidifier kiln. Basic frame is up, 6ft high, 44inch wide. 9.5ft long.

IMG_1519839859886.jpg

20180301_103006.jpg

20180301_170409.jpg

Pretty stuff.

I recenltly milled some ash off a customer.

fbcb8d8b0db49511c8a68965faff9d77.jpg
9c9f708bd9ab5c4097d0e420763bf18e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some bolt retainer, tightened up bolts, overnight carb soak and a new spark plug and it started. Whew
That was a worry.

Back